Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help me how do you stop anxiety attack?????

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 6:29 AM
  • 21 Replies

Since about 5 this morning I have had anxiety.  I don't know why.  It came on all of a sudden.  I got up with my son, then when I went back to bed I started getting this bad anxiety attack.

my heart is pounding

my hands are sweaty

butterflies in my belly

can't catch  my breath

in the bathroom every 5 minutes going #2 sorry I know that's tmi.

I'm not sick with anything.  I had the regular stomach flu 2 weeks ago.

I cna't think of any reason i should be nervous or anxious.  I feel like I want to throw up.  help me!!

John 3:16 
by on May. 8, 2009 at 6:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Laureanne
by on May. 8, 2009 at 6:34 AM

Hello,

I have gotten a few in my life. WHat I have found that works is I have to stop everything I am doing and concentrate on slowing down my breating. I usually find a quiet place to either sit or lie doen and just force myself to empty my mind and slow my breating. It takes some time to stop but this works for me.

You have to get to the bottom of what is causing them. I had a crazy Ex which were causing mine. Good Luck.

Laure

happysnappy
by on May. 8, 2009 at 6:39 AM

I can't figure it out.  there is nothing going on in my life that warrants an attack like this.  my family life is good, my son is good, my husband is fantastic.  my friends are all good.  nobody is sick or dying that I know of.  I can't figure it out. 

southernangelco
by on May. 8, 2009 at 6:47 AM

I know how you are feeling!  Normally what works for me is to sit still with my eyes closed, concentrate on breathing, telling myself over and over again that it's gonna be OK, it's just a panic attack. Try to relax, I know how hard it can be, but try. I hope this helps.

amberwavesI
by on May. 8, 2009 at 6:53 AM

They are very hard to control but you have to try to talk yourself out of it. Keep telling your self everything is O.k and try and get your mind off of it. You dont want it to turn into a full blown panic attack!!!! Just Breathe as much as possible!

I have had a Panic disorder so if you need anyone to talk to let me know~

happysnappy
by on May. 8, 2009 at 7:06 AM

i'm trying so hard to keep my mind off it, that's whyi'm on here reading all kinds of posts.  my breathing feels better, but my bellyand butterflies don't.  the adrenaline is going crazy.

Quoting amberwavesI:

They are very hard to control but you have to try to talk yourself out of it. Keep telling your self everything is O.k and try and get your mind off of it. You dont want it to turn into a full blown panic attack!!!! Just Breathe as much as possible!

I have had a Panic disorder so if you need anyone to talk to let me know~

happysnappy
by on May. 8, 2009 at 7:17 AM

bump any more moms??

laddiegirl
by on May. 8, 2009 at 7:21 AM

I usually wil talk to myself and tell myself everything is ok I get them alot I used to get them off and on constantly all day long. THey are scary and alot of times I would call my hubby while he is at work now that I live near my mom I will call her also just to have someone to talk to.

ToriAidensmom
by on May. 8, 2009 at 7:28 AM

I have panic and anxiety attacks.  Sometimes what helps me is if I say a prayer or favorite poem very slowly.  Breathing in then saying the line while breathing out.  Then repeating it through the prayer or poem.  Or a favorite saying can work too.  The point of that is that it helps regulate your breathing.   I just had a horrible one two nights ago.  I hope this helps you. 

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket  

yotamomof4
by on May. 8, 2009 at 7:38 AM

Just try to focus on something funny....that helps me.....go outside and get a couple of fresh breathes. I hope it passes soon . 

underestimated8
by on May. 8, 2009 at 7:43 AM

Xanax.  Lol...seriously though.  I have to take it sometimes.  No, just try to concentrate on something other than your attack.  Sometimes though, I have to first focus on slowing my breathing, then focus on my heart rate, as if I can make it slow.  But it's a mental thing, and it usually does work.  Try to find something at home that's calming to you, and use that.  Like right now, it's storming here, so I could so stand on my front porch and watch the storm and smell the rain, and that would help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)