Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Serious Question for hair dressers Please help!!!!

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:01 AM
  • 7 Replies

To all the hair dressers out there, I have a question, I have been considering going to cosm. school, but I wonder #1 are you always an independent contractor? Do you always have to carry your own health ins?  How much money can I realistically make? 

I am a BF, 5PT Harnassing, Co-sleeping, VAX, CIO, OCD, AR, WOTH, NON PA, Non-Spanking, CHD-Surviving, Single Mommy and PROUD OF IT!!!
 "I'm out of control and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. Marilyn Monroe"

I was born with a broken heart......and I survived it!

by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
brookelynn0203
by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:02 AM

Bump 

I am a BF, 5PT Harnassing, Co-sleeping, VAX, CIO, OCD, AR, WOTH, NON PA, Non-Spanking, CHD-Surviving, Single Mommy and PROUD OF IT!!!
 "I'm out of control and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. Marilyn Monroe"

brookelynn0203
by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:02 AM

Bump! 

brookelynn0203
by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:04 AM

Bump 

Loved4Sure
by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:06 AM

there are 3 different kind of hairstylist

1. you rent a chair

2. you work in a salon and cough up 40%-70% of your sales

3. you own your own business

the reality is that you have to work where there is a market that will allow you to not only grow and gain new patrons but also excel and grow your skills.

I did hair for 6 years. When I moved to NY I struggled A LOT because I did not have a following and I had to build new clients. As far as I know, unless you work for a chain like super cuts or something similar you will not get benefits from a salon.

hope this helps

gracielullaby
by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:07 AM

Sorry hun. Not a hair dresser so I haven't the foggiest but I wanted to give you a bump. Hate when you ask a question and no one freakin answers you!!

Good luck regardless!!!

I'd kinda like to know why the hell none of my hair dressers can seem to get closer to my scalp with the damn dye when I get my hilights done...sick of seeing roots a week after I get my shiznit done!!

brookelynn0203
by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:09 AM

Thanks guys!   

Loved4Sure
by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:14 AM

Quoting gracielullaby:

Sorry hun. Not a hair dresser so I haven't the foggiest but I wanted to give you a bump. Hate when you ask a question and no one freakin answers you!!

Good luck regardless!!!

I'd kinda like to know why the hell none of my hair dressers can seem to get closer to my scalp with the damn dye when I get my hilights done...sick of seeing roots a week after I get my shiznit done!!

if your hairdresser uses a brush instead of a bottle it is so you have to come back 2 weeks earlier to get your color done. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)