Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting rid of the c-section belly.. (PIOG)

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:41 AM
  • 11 Replies

Okay ladies who have had a c-section, how in the heck did you get your belly back?  I am working out again and have heard that it is next to impossible to get rid of the belly afterwards (without surgery).  I really want it gone, it makes me feel horrible and also my clothes fit so much different because of it!  Help me please!

Side note: I have other weight to lose as well (80 lbs to be exact) but I figure if I can make this a focus at the same time it should help more.

by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ccoyle4
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2009 at 8:49 AM

i dont really know...i lost all my baby weight real fast after my csection, but i would like to tone up some more....

here's my belly 6 months post csection

sunshine21pa
by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:56 AM

I lost alot of weight but still have the belly. its been 6 months.. 

I'm a Vaccine Giving, Disposable Diaper Using, part time Co Sleeping, Formula Feeding, baby wearing, Non CIO, married mommy to a beautiful baby girl!!

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on May. 8, 2009 at 2:52 PM

wave

Hi Expectingpeanut

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

C-Section Moms Support Group

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

\\ The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

mushmom
by on May. 8, 2009 at 3:34 PM

Unlike the annoying first person to respond, I still have mine.  I've heard it's hard.  If you're a stick I'm sure it's very easy to lose it. 

jessicahall1985
by on May. 8, 2009 at 3:37 PM

i've heard that if you don't have a tummy tuck then you can't get your belly flat like before the c-section... i'm fat anyways so i don't really ever see myself having a flat tummy lol

RissaBusch
by on May. 8, 2009 at 3:41 PM

I just walked a lot and my belly just went flat again.   

SKARISKARA
by on May. 8, 2009 at 3:44 PM

I lost a lot of weight after I had my c-section. I weighed 120 before getting pregnant. A year after the c-section, I weighed 98 lbs. No exercising but I did eat very healthy compared to how I used to eat.....I'm almost 5 months pregnant now w/ my 2nd and am having a scheduled c-section. Hoping the weight comes off like it did with my 1st.

Are you eating healthier? For some people, that can make a big difference. 

mom2sierrarose
by on May. 8, 2009 at 3:48 PM

Its been a year..well exactly 1yr and 7days since my c section with my twins ... and I HATE my belly.. I have weight I am trying to lose besides my belly,, I am exercising, eating right...I came out of my pregnancy with them weighing less than I even did before I got preggo with them but still my stomach disgusts me

~*~Tammy~*~
                                                 Proud Mommy to
            Sierra Rose 5/13/04,  Joseph Robert & Alycia Lorraine 5/1/08
                                                 Step Mommy to
                                   Christa 8/6/91 & Charlie 5/17/96

ilovelandon06
by on May. 8, 2009 at 4:27 PM

Shes not asking about how yall randomly went skinny right after, making her feel bad and giving no advice. Yay for you and all but geez! Honestly.

She wants to know about the people that actually had to work hard to try to get rid of their belly that wasnt so lucky!!!!

I didnt drop hardly any after i had my c-section. I was drinking ALOT of water, walking and on my feet as much as i could. I did tae bo dvd almost every day or ever other. And did alot of crunches and reverse crunches.  Good luck mama

rayzensun
by on May. 8, 2009 at 4:29 PM

you can definatley get it back! you just have to do alot of cardio like running (some people need an hour a day!) try getting a treadmill or taking the baby out in a jogger =)

anything that gets your heart rate up for a good amount of time

pagan 2rayzensunpagan 1

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)