Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I got called "fat" by a grown man...

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:12 AM
  • 77 Replies

The "fat" post got me thinking, and even though I have not been able to lose weight due to not exercising very much...I've also come to the realization that some people's definition of "fat" is ridiculous.

I was in the store yesterday and I could hear a man behind me in line discussing with his wife/girlfriend/whatever about how "fat" I was and how he didn't want her to get that way.

First, what an asshat...

Second, I am 5'9" tall and I weigh 155lbs. It's not like I am obese. I have a little chunk around my mid-section...from having two babies within 14 months of each other.

What pisses me off is that people want to blame all sorts of other things, but it is NOT okay to talk about someone's weight. It's no one's business but the person carrying the weight. I've always had issues with my weigh, and with self-esteem thanks to people that think it's okay to concern themselves with other people's weight.

Thanks to the people that are that way, I was a mere 115lbs before I got pregnant with my oldest because I thought that the only way people would see me as "skinny" was if I looked sickly skinny. My son's life was at risk because I was TOO skinny. And for what? To be aesthetically pleasing to everyone else? Pssh...I'll keep my chunk and worry about ME being happy. You don't want to look at my "fat" ass? Then don't.

This poster does not mince words. This poster is not in the business of pushing puppies and rainbows. This poster will not blow sunshine up your ass just for the sake of doing so.

This poster is a real woman, with real opinions. Some of what this poster says may offend you, or downright piss you off. And, frankly, this poster does not care.

by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BrandonsMom1000
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:14 AM

You go girl!!!  You sound like you are a good size to me, especially to have had two kids.

TattedMommyof2
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:16 AM

I'm 5'9" and weigh 200 lbs.  I look great in my opinion.  And anyone who feels different can suck it!  lol.  I think you look great.  Let the haters hate.  They're jealous!!!!

RaynesMommy07
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:17 AM

I had a man talking about my large ass the other day.  I do have a BIG butt.  It's no secret and can't do much to hide it.  I'm not fat, but my butt has a mind of it's own.  He said he didn't understand why  men liked women like that, he found it to be gross.  I looked at him and politely told him, with his little penis, he probably couldn't handle it anyway and that I am so very srry my butt intimidates his little willy.  I thought my DF was going to die of embarassment. 

greengirl106

I would have bitched him out. Screw him, I could dream of being as tall as you are! I'm almost 37 wks prego, but I'm 5'1 and 182, I would love to see someone talk crap about me after I have this baby!

Ivayla

I am sorry that someone said this to you or about you so you could hear it. This is very inappropriate.

"Run when you can, walk when you have to, crawl if you must just never give up.” Dean Karnazes
greengirl106
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:18 AM

LMAO!

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

I had a man talking about my large ass the other day.  I do have a BIG butt.  It's no secret and can't do much to hide it.  I'm not fat, but my butt has a mind of it's own.  He said he didn't understand why  men liked women like that, he found it to be gross.  I looked at him and politely told him, with his little penis, he probably couldn't handle it anyway and that I am so very srry my butt intimidates his little willy.  I thought my DF was going to die of embarassment. 

Loved4Sure

once my g/f and I were wlaking the boardwalk on a gorgeous day when a group of punks got behind us and started cracking jokes, loudly, about our weight.

I am 5'9 and at the time I weighed 160 lbs

I looked at my friend, I paused and finally the boys moved along.

We got behind them and commented and berated them for an equal amount of time.

Wrong? Maybe.

Man, I gave it back to those little punk ass bastards. 

sparkyskitten

The only time I care about your weight is when you (others in general) want someone else to pay for the medical cost caused by being fat.

But for your height number wise you are okay.. Looks I have no idea...

Don't complain about life if you're not willing to get off your ass and do something to change it.

Freedom is NOT free!! It must be fought for and EARNED. So STOP putting your hand out and put it to work.

Group Admin Breastfeeding Moms Uncensored

morisa32
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2009 at 9:20 AM

rolling on floor

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

I had a man talking about my large A the other day.  I do have a BIG butt.  It's no secret and can't do much to hide it.  I'm not fat, but my butt has a mind of it's own.  He said he didn't understand why  men liked women like that, he found it to be gross.  I looked at him and politely told him, with his little penis, he probably couldn't handle it anyway and that I am so very srry my butt intimidates his little willy.  I thought my DF was going to die of embarassment. 

RaynesMommy07
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:21 AM

Regardless it doesn't give someone the right to say something.  And exactly who else would be paying b/c their fat?  McDonald's?  I mean seriously.

Quoting sparkyskitten:

The only time I care about your weight is when you (others in general) want someone else to pay for the medical cost caused by being fat.

But for your height number wise you are okay.. Looks I have no idea...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)