Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yes....I am Proud to Say I Have....

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:25 AM
  • 8 Replies

Food stamps, and day care vouchers. Am I a lazy person cause I use these resources?? No,I think not. If I can use the resources to help me get up on my feet more, why not use them. I buss my ass off at work for my child, and myself. The way this economy is right now, and my pay at work I need the assistance. Yes....I am also in college getting my certification in Marketing, and Advertising. I get my certification next year Spring of 2010. I already have jobs in place for that field of work, and the companies I am trying to go for will pay hella money for that type of work. For those that call people lazy that are on food stamps, and what not, think about what you say before you say it cause not all people that need assistance are lazy. 

I put it out there because I noticed too many people are bashing other people just because they get some help from the gov't. I dont think its right or fair to judge someone based on their situation, and its funny, because none of us knows what the other person is going through. Its like some people got their head up their asses, like their stuff dont stink. I lost my job recently, and it was paying me good money, so I got another for the time being until I get something better (yes...I work minimum wage at the moment; it beats a blank check if you think about it). Should I be picky, and hold my nose up high? NO! I am no better than the next person.

Click Here!! & Enjoy Popular Topics!!www.cafemom.com/group/betterlivingformoms

by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mrs.c123
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:32 AM

you dont have to explain yourself mama, you are doin it to take care of your family, i dont recieve any, but i dont mind people getting them for that type of situation!! good luck with the rest of your school stuff!!!

Mommy to Taryn a BUSY LITTLE 3 YEAR OLD BOY and WIfe to MY HOT ARMY SOLDIER!!! 

yotamomof4
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:33 AM

I agree !

Quoting mrs.c123:

you dont have to explain yourself mama, you are doin it to take care of your family, i dont recieve any, but i dont mind people getting them for that type of situation!! good luck with the rest of your school stuff!!!

Nera1214
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:37 AM

Quoting mrs.c123:

I just really get fed up with some of these people. It makes me sick to see how many people actually think this way. I dont understand it. My mother was on food stamps for about 2 years until she had a great job thrown her way. My mother busted her ass for my little sister, and I. I appreciate what she has done for us. If she never got on food stamps, and received assistance we would not have had food in our house, and we surely would not have the things that my mother sacrificed. I just get tired of people riding on that high horse, claiming they have perfect lives, knowing damn well they struggle too, but dont want to admit it.  

Sheley
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:38 AM

Then just be proud.  You dont have to make a post about it.  Just be confident with your life's decisions.  Why do you need to post it all over the internet for some ladies you dont know to approve.

Nera1214
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:44 AM

Quoting Sheley:

Then just be proud.  You dont have to make a post about it.  Just be confident with your life's decisions.  Why do you need to post it all over the internet for some ladies you dont know to approve.

I am not asking for no one to approve of what I do. I was just getting off my chest what I was feeling because too many people act like its a bad thing to have it, when it can come in handy. It was on my mind, so I put it out there.

Twizlr
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:46 AM

clapping 

Katelynlistening to tunesNoahbaseballColintoddler boy

hannahGIV
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:54 AM

i only think its ridiculous when people are living off of the gov. i see nothing wrong with it when its just because you need a little extra help, thats what its there for right??

Nera1214
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:59 AM

Quoting hannahGIV:

i only think its ridiculous when people are living off of the gov. i see nothing wrong with it when its just because you need a little extra help, thats what its there for right??

right....just to give you a boost to help get you up on your feet. They would not have created the programs if it was not meant to help people that really need it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)