Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well there goes my Mother's Day :(

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:42 AM
  • 7 Replies

So my hubby and kids had a wonderful Mother's Day planned out for me. Shopping day and dinner.  My hubby had been working a lot of overtime at work so that he could buy me a very nice mother's day gift (the laptop I've been wanting).  Well his work "forgot" to pay him his OT.  And now they are waiting to pay it on the next check (which is two weeks away)  Well he has been "ordered" to work on Sunday because a stupid guy he works with called off, and volunteered my hubby to work for him.  And since it's such a late notice, they are making hubby work it.  So my dad invites me to do mother's day with him and my mom.  Which I agreed to.  I don't want to spend it alone.  Come to find out we are cooking for my mom that day.  And he has asked me to do most of the cooking!!  Now I love my mom to death and would be glad to cook for her, but what I've been asked to make isn't even something she really likes.  So she is going to be disappointed.  My dad usually takes her to her fav. restaurant.  This year apparently he didn't want to.   Well I don't want to cook on Mother's Day!!! I told my dad, you know I'm a mom too right?  And I have two young kids to run after!  It won't be easy for me to cook.  He said I will be fine. :(

I just want to spend Mother's day with my kids and hubby!  I want to go shopping and have a nice dinner out.   And I don't want to cook a meal my mom won't eat!!! ARGH!

in love          toddler boy           baby girl            ttc

Married (6-9-07)             Bryan (10-6-04)              Emma (07-25-08)             Trying for # 3

by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
rachael_c
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:47 AM

bump

in love          toddler boy           baby girl            ttc

Married (6-9-07)             Bryan (10-6-04)              Emma (07-25-08)             Trying for # 3

mommy2josh410
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:50 AM

Thats no fun. Tell hubby you atleast want a mother's day cake or something. Maybe he will still surprise you although he has to work.

heidi_val
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:50 AM

I don't get a mother's day! This year is my second one and I still can't have a day with my son and hubs. We just have to go to my inlaws or they will cry because we didnt' come. My husband said I'll have a mothers day when both of our mothers are gone! Gee, thanks! 

dragonflykiss44
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:52 AM

so sorry hun, that sucks. I'll be working all damn day on mothers day. You would think my manager would have let someone else work who is NOT a mom so the other moms could have that day off.

oh well, at least i have more then 8 hours this week.  

dragonflykiss44
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:53 AM

what kind of shit is that? i'd be throwing a fit!

Quoting heidi_val:

I don't get a mother's day! This year is my second one and I still can't have a day with my son and hubs. We just have to go to my inlaws or they will cry because we didnt' come. My husband said I'll have a mothers day when both of our mothers are gone! Gee, thanks! 

SkysMom3808
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:53 AM

I am sorry  your mothers day is messed up.. But look on the bright side at least your DH has a job. I know that's not the way you want to look at it and that's JMO! I am sorry again!!

okchev73
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:57 AM

i dont get a mothers day either...this yera will be the 4th year....mothers day always ends up bad for me cause my s/o will have me cooking cleaning and taking care of the kids like its nothing so i dont know waht i would do if i actually got to celebrate mothers day like some mothers do

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)