Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FIRED!!

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:48 AM
  • 4 Replies

I signed my resignation a few weeks back for June 14 being my last day. And I had to call in on Monday and Tuesday because I was so sick! Wednesday I had off and Thursday my husband took the car to Fort Hood. And it was short notice about it so I had no way to work or to drop the girls off at daycare. Since AAFES is military affiliated they should of understood. So, I had to of course call again today! Husband had to work(was told last night had the day off) so he was going to be able to take me. But Marissa is sick and daycare wont take her and I have no one to watch her! So, now I think Im fired. I dont really care, but I do! I have never called in but once and it was my day off anyways, I just didnt have a way up there! So it didnt really count for me. But when a woman I work with calls in everytime she has to work til closing, and was in and out of the "hospital" for 3 weeks she is fine and dandy? I know she wasnt because she said they told her she had the swine flu but it wasnt contagious and it was ok for her to return to work. We dont have any swine flu cases on base, so I know its a lie! If I do get fired over this my husband told me to file an equal opportunity complaint. Because I have called in, she didnt call in for 2 weeks! I hate this!

by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
SkysMom3808
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:57 AM

Good luck!!! I hope things work out!  

Chey_s_Mommy
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:59 AM

Quoting SkysMom3808:

Good luck!!! I hope things work out!  

mom2four1978
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:59 AM

I don't really understand is you work affiliated with the military? Do they have to pay you unemployment if you get fired? If they do it is likely they won't  fire you since you already put in notice. They won't want to have to pay months of unemployment for someone who was going to leave anyway.

ProudArmyWife88
by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:17 AM

I dont care about the unemployeement. Its the PX I work for.

Quoting mom2four1978:

I don't really understand is you work affiliated with the military? Do they have to pay you unemployment if you get fired? If they do it is likely they won't  fire you since you already put in notice. They won't want to have to pay months of unemployment for someone who was going to leave anyway.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)