Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my daughter did what?!?!

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:10 AM
  • 14 Replies

My daughter is still doing the potty training thing, shes doing REALLY good with it. But the only thing i am having a problem with is everytime she goes to the bathroom she takes off her pants and panties..completely off. Then walks around the house half naked. LOL.

well she did this this morning after she got up. She took off ALL her jammies. shirt and all.

anyways. i tell her to go get some panties on and i thought she did. I came into the living room and shes sitting on the floor with a dog toy. The kind that squeaks. She had the part of the toy where the hole is that makes noise ON her vajayjay squeezing it so i guess it feels wierd on her privates.

oh lord, what am i to do. Shes all the time touching herself down there too. I have 3 girls and i never had to go through this with my older 2..that i know of anyways.

i just couldnt believe she was using a dog toy on her crotch.

by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommySteph06
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2009 at 10:12 AM

I think it's normal for them to do that. They don't know anything sexual at that age. It's all about what feels good or interesting or just different than they're used to. My kids both do things to their private areas that make me cringe, but I just have to keep thinking, "It's normal!" LOL.

allsolittle
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2009 at 10:13 AM

i went thru that kinda thing with my oldest girl. the doc says its normal. i just didnt make a big deal out of it cuz i dont wanna give her a complex lol i just kinda said thats not nice or whatever. best advice i have is dont blow it out of proportion with her. im pretty sure shese just discovering herself.

dragonflykiss44
by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:15 AM

oh i know its normal and shes not getting anything sexual out of it. I just couldnt believe she was sitting in the middle of the living on the floor with a DOG TOY!! LOL

i was just in shock and said "Parker stop that!"

Quoting MommySteph06:

I think it's normal for them to do that. They don't know anything sexual at that age. It's all about what feels good or interesting or just different than they're used to. My kids both do things to their private areas that make me cringe, but I just have to keep thinking, "It's normal!" LOL.

wsv777
by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:15 AM

My baby is in the taking her clothes off stage not her panties though. But she is starting to put stuff down there and I just redirect her. I guess it's normal, still makes you cringe though.

mybabyapples
by Purple People Eater on May. 8, 2009 at 10:17 AM

its very normal for young children to touch themselves.it is shocking when you see it.but just remember they are still learning about the world, and that includes there body..just be happy its at home and not in public!!

dragonflykiss44
by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:18 AM

yeah i should look at it that way. I'd hate to be walking around some store and my daughter fondeling herself. AHH

Quoting mybabyapples:

its very normal for young children to touch themselves.it is shocking when you see it.but just remember they are still learning about the world, and that includes there body..just be happy its at home and not in public!!

kgmmw
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2009 at 10:19 AM

Oh no I havent experienced that yet with my 4 yr old. just wondering how old ur dd is?

megancalista
by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:22 AM

I have those shower head things in my kids' tub and was rinsing my 3 yr old off with it. She had her legs indian style and I rinsed 'down there' real quick.....she started laughing saying that it tickled. I didn't say anything and just continued to rinse her, but she asks me to do it everytime I rinse her now and I just tell her that we don't tickle people around or on their privates.

circle_of_life
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2009 at 10:26 AM

Yeah, totally normal. Just try to redirect her. My son is always pulling at his peter, lol! He also takes his clothes off every chance he gets. He even thinks he's got to strip naked to eat, because he doesn't want food on his clothes, lol! At home, he's nakey 90% of the time, I don;t mind though.

allsolittle
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2009 at 10:38 AM

sorry but that is pretty hilarious. trust me your not alone ive been there and now my middle girl is starting

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)