Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh I hate this

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:47 AM
  • 3 Replies

My DH is home every afternoon by 4:45.  We had plans last night to go out and do some shopping and other things.  We found out at 4:25 they would be working until 6.  At 6pm they said we don't know how long we're going to be here.  So my children's routines were completely thrown off they didn't know what was going on or anything.  They finally came home at 8.  There's a strong chance they're working late tonight and we were going to do Mother's Day dinner tonight instead of Sunday.   Oh and a chance of working Saturday.  ARRRGGGHHHH!!!!  I hate it when I make plans and they get thrown down the drain.  I don't mind when they work late but it's so much nicer when you have a little notice so you can plan.

And for all of you who have husband's who work later or always work on Saturday, I'm sorry.  My DH goes to work at 7:30 and gets off at 4:30.  It's been our routine for a long time and I don't like switching it, OCD and everything.

by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Sheley
by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:49 AM

I hear ya....My husband does commercial duct work for A/C and we live in Florida, so the jobs need to get done.  He sometimes has to work a lot of saturdays and even sundays in the summer months and it sucks.  I know how you feel.

eddysmommy
by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:51 AM

my dh works from 6pm till 4 30 am and anything after 4 30 is overtime. most of the time they get out at 5. right now he is off wed. fri and sat. but they change schedules every 3 months or so. then you have the guys that call him on sat. wanting him to switch so they can be off next sat. now that drives me crazy!

bluesky51201
by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:48 AM

Thanks I'm just itching to get some flowers and start planting.  The weather is finally starting to get nice up here.  I was planning on doing it today but that damn over time screwed it all up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)