Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Top baby names for 2008 are out! I did some math. Aiden is supposed to be #1

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:55 AM
  • 48 Replies

You can also look up popular names by birth year on the website I linked below.

Top 10 Names for 2008

Rank Male name Female name
1 Jacob Emma
2 Michael Isabella
3 Ethan Emily
4 Joshua Madison
5 Daniel Ava
6 Alexander Olivia
7 Anthony Sophia
8 William Abigail
9 Christopher Elizabeth
10 Matthew Chloe
Note: Rank 1 is the most popular, rank 2 is the next most popular, and so forth.

http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/

I posted this in the replies, but I wanted to put it here-

Zaiden, Jaidyn, Haiden, Jadyn, Raiden, Aidyn, Kaeden, Aydin, Bradyn, Aydan, Zayden, Braeden, Aaden, Braydon, Adan, Aden, Caiden, Cayden, Jaiden, Braden, Kayden, Caden, Jaden, Hayden, Aidan, Brayden, Aiden, Jayden

All of those names together make up 3.7924% of the list, which is more than THREE TIMES the top name on the list.

The ones highlighted in red make up 1.297%, which beats out Jacob for #1, so yes, Aiden and its variations are the number 1 most popular name in the country and yes, I have entirely too much time on my hands!!!!!

Jaiden comes in at 1.2325%, so that would be #2!

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” ~Mahatma Ghandi

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday TickerPregnancy ticker

by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aidensmommy1105
by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:27 AM

wow..i am surprised aiden isn't up there. it was number 1 for a couple of years. i am kinda glad though cuz i dont want everyone that goes to school with my ds to have the same name..lol

luvmyaustin
by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:31 AM

it makes me so happy that my little ones names are not  on the list

Austin, Nolan and Irelyn

ImNotASheep08
by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:34 AM

Quoting aidensmommy1105:

wow..i am surprised aiden isn't up there. it was number 1 for a couple of years. i am kinda glad though cuz i dont want everyone that goes to school with my ds to have the same name..lol

I know! My son is Aiden and it seems like a lot of people are naming their son that.

My children are unvaccinated, your children are vaccinated. So what the hell are you worried about? I don't owe vaccinating parents a damn thing. My children will not be a lab rat for the greater good of society. Sorry if you don't like it. Build a bridge and get over it.

First_One_8_18
by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:42 AM

We were throwing around the name Nolan for this baby.

DS is Donovan DeAngelo and this next one will be Willow Sabelle for sure for a girl and probably Dominick Francesco Dane for a boy.

None of them are the top 100, except maybe Dominick.

Quoting luvmyaustin:

Austin, Nolan and Irelyn

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” ~Mahatma Ghandi

First_One_8_18
by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:43 AM

I know at least 5. I probably know 5 more kids than have names rhyming with it- Braeden, Hayden, Cayden

Quoting ImNotASheep08:

Quoting aidensmommy1105:

I know! My son is Aiden and it seems like a lot of people are naming their son that.

mommy2holley
by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:44 AM

I am super glad there arn't ever many Holley's any where.. I like my baby having a not so common name..

slayerslegacy
by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:45 AM

It's #16. I have seen it as number one on other lists. According to the social security administration, it hasn't been, I am wondering where the other lists get their information. I've also seen my son's name in the top 50 on other lists and it's not according to ssa.

Quoting aidensmommy1105:

newmom_1989
by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:45 AM

I thought Logan would be for sure! :)

slayerslegacy
by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:46 AM

Logan is #19. :)

Quoting newmom_1989:

I thought Logan would be for sure! :)

tabhonn
by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:47 AM

Same here. I prefer "unique" names. BTW, LOVE the name Austin!! :-)

Quoting luvmyaustin:

Austin, Nolan and Irelyn

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)