Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need help plz-car seat question

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:04 PM
  • 19 Replies

I need to know if the car seat is still safe if I dont have the base. I used my mom's car this morning to run to town and now I NEED to go to the store to get groceries. I forgot the base in her car before she left. I cant get it until 9:30 tonight when she gets home from work.

Please dont bash me for asking I just need to know so I can keep DD as safe as possible.

Thank you

by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LukesMommy912
by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:05 PM

What kind of carseat is it? 

My son is 2 1/2 years old and weighs 31 pounds. He is still rearfacing in the First Years True Fit Convertible Carseat!

Questions? Join the Carseat Safety group on CafeMom!

Phenomemom
by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:07 PM

It depends on the seat. Some can be used wit no base, others cannot.

luv_my_xiya
by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:07 PM

im assuming its an infant seat...but yes you can use it without the base...mine had a picture on the side of how to use it without the base 

bnj03
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2009 at 12:08 PM

Safety 1st...sorry I forgot to add that. We got it from the hospital because the one I bought didnt meet their standards :(

bnj03
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2009 at 12:09 PM

It has the notches on the side that look like it can fit the seat belt there. Sorry I'm new to all of this so I am scared and dont want to risk anything.

LukesMommy912
by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:10 PM

Do you have a picture of it or could you find one online?

Quoting bnj03:

Safety 1st...sorry I forgot to add that. We got it from the hospital because the one I bought didnt meet their standards :(

BewitchedKisses
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2009 at 12:10 PM

As long as you install in per the directions in the manual.... it should be safe.

Not trying to bash.... but you really should read the entire manual on your car seat before putting your child into it. You'd be able to answer that question yourself, and you'd know exactly what you're putting your child into and exactly how it works.

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Lilypie Kids birthday TickerLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

bnj03
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2009 at 12:12 PM

I know but we didnt get the manual from the hospital they couldnt find it. So we are stuck without it.

Quoting BewitchedKisses:

As long as you install in per the directions in the manual.... it should be safe.

Not trying to bash.... but you really should read the entire manual on your car seat before putting your child into it. You'd be able to answer that question yourself, and you'd know exactly what you're putting your child into and exactly how it works.

KreatingMe
by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:13 PM

It depends on the seat. Do you have the box or the manual, it should tell you on there. Mine didn't have an opening to put the seat belt through, it could only be used with the base.  By the way, I love your daughters name. It's very pretty.  

luv_my_xiya
by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:14 PM

there should be a model number somewhere on the carseat...like on a sticker or something...let me know what it is and i will find it for you 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)