Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

where would you hang pics???

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:24 PM
  • 7 Replies

and is there such a thing as too many pictures?? lol I am not crazy about my current set up of wall art and thinking about changing it up and trying to figure out if I should hang some other pictures I have ...also I have alot of family photos I wanna hang but I dont know if its good to mix wall art and family pics...so should I just hang them in my hallway?? also I took the thing above my t.v. down..I hated it..dont know why I put it there, also I found this awesome canvas picture at a yard sale and was thinking of taking my stuff behind the couch down and putting it up..but not sure if it will look good..could definitely use some tips, thank u in advance!!

here is the picture I found

by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
dpaez21
by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:30 PM

New pic would look good behind couch. I would put a candle holder and pic on each wall by window. It could go a lot of ways but that sticking out to me right now. HTH

nemiller
by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:34 PM

i only have family pictures up in my house.  i hang them wherever i want.  pretty much every wall downstairs in my house has at least one picture.  the only thing is, i keep similar pictures together.  extended family together.  pre-baby pictures of me and my husband together.  my son's pictures together.  that sort of thing.  i also put the ones i frame in black frames.  the ones we get from extended family are all in different frames (because different people are framing them), but that actually makes that section look cohesive, because it looks intentional.

madies_momma07
by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:39 PM

Maybe above the tv with shelves or candles next to it?

I couldnt say for sure My walls are covered in pictures and candles Im sure if there is a thing of too many picture my living room would be a perfect example :) But I like it !

Single mother to Madison one crazy loving backsassing adventurous almost too yr old that I love to Pieces.

ktwister
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2009 at 12:40 PM

Hopefully this will make sense.

The size of the pictures behind the couch too small. You need to balance the room, especially with window with red curtains.

Move othe candle and pictures  that is currently behind the couch and place them on each side of the window.

And go for a bigger scale item, I can't tell if the new picture you bought is correct size or not.

It may look okay above the t.v. and go for something sculpture metal piece for above the couch since you have the hardness of metal in your living room and the softness of the couch. Something more "rough" to the eye will balance that out.

Mailaknee
by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:49 PM

Here is my opinion.... The picture you found would go great above the TV. The item you have above the TV is too small for a wall that large. Find a smaller wall/space to hang that. Above your couch you need something large to balance out the couch. It could be one large item or a collection of smaller things. You could even hang your family photos above the couch in some sort of arrangement. Or you could split up the family photos and hang them on both sides of the window. I'm not real sure how many you have. I think the things you have above the couch now whould look good in the hall. If you post some more pictures of what you have that you would like to hang I can help you out some more. By the way... would you like to come and be my housekeeper?

Italiancouture7
by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:09 PM

Quoting Mailaknee:

Here is my opinion.... The picture you found would go great above the TV. The item you have above the TV is too small for a wall that large. Find a smaller wall/space to hang that. Above your couch you need something large to balance out the couch. It could be one large item or a collection of smaller things. You could even hang your family photos above the couch in some sort of arrangement. Or you could split up the family photos and hang them on both sides of the window. I'm not real sure how many you have. I think the things you have above the couch now whould look good in the hall. If you post some more pictures of what you have that you would like to hang I can help you out some more. By the way... would you like to come and be my housekeeper?

lol my house isnt always this clean trust me! I have a 5 month old and she has lots of playstation toys she loves so they are usually everywhere and its hard for me to get a chance to clean because shes pretty colicky ...so its a miracle if I have time to clean like that! lol

magic67
by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:59 PM

I would hang that flower pic above the tv... you need something bigger than what you have there.  did a pic to accent the wall. not have the tv accent it.....

just my opinion

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)