Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yoga while pregnant

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:36 PM
  • 6 Replies

I was thinking about doing yoga through out this pregnancy. I was curious how many of you did yoga when you were pregnant, and do you feel like it helped you at all. If it did help you how.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
PugBug_117
by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:44 PM

I didn't do it, so here's a bump!

celticreverie
by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:46 PM

prenatal yoga is fantastic. It can help keep everything balanced and also can help the baby stay in optimal birthing positions. It recharges you and is great! :)

athenax3
by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:52 PM

I have recently been considering the same- we just joined our local Y and they have yoga there-I'm also considering the cycling class.

Mindy9807
by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:53 PM

How far along were you when you started? and did you do it through out the whole pregnancy?

Quoting celticreverie:

prenatal yoga is fantastic. It can help keep everything balanced and also can help the baby stay in optimal birthing positions. It recharges you and is great! :)

celticreverie
by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:10 PM

you can start at any time. I do yoga anyways, so I just went to pre natal yoga around second trimester, when morning sickness let up. Yes, you do it throughout your pregnancy, there are different positions etc for different months.

Quoting Mindy9807:

How far along were you when you started? and did you do it through out the whole pregnancy?

Quoting celticreverie:

LovingMyLoves
by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:19 PM

I did it throughout both my first and second pregnancy with light workouts, It was great, it gave me energy, relieved some of my back pain, it was also my stress reliever..and helped. to keep a healthy balance and limit weight gain!. I wanted to do it with my third but was only able to for the first couple months due to some complications leading to bedrest.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)