Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

That Stupid S.O.B Mild cussing!

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:51 PM
  • 8 Replies

So my lovely DH who is 13 yrs my senior should be grown up and mature and understand kids safety since he has 3 kids with his previous wife and has been through the toddler stages and understand the importance of keeping everything harzadous put away where a 4yr old cant reach them, RIGHT????

Well I guess not. Last night we had a cook out. I would assume that my DH would have the since to put the lighter fluid back in the garage. Well I guess not.... cuz my 4yr was out in the back yard playing I check on him about every 15mins or so and I got all the windows open so I got a perfect view out there and can hear if he cries, well i dont hear the wheels of his 3 wheelers on the pavement by the garage and Im talking to my BFF on the phone well I got to look at the window and I dont see my son so I walk outside..... and there he is by the grill COVERED IN LIGHTER FLUID!!! SOAKED IN IT!!!!! I freak out cuz well its lighter fluid.... So I pick him up bring him in strip him naked stand him in the shower and start to wash out his eyes. I washed his hair twice to make sure it was good and out........ He wasnt crying or anything and said his eyes didnt burn so Im thankful for that. But wouldnt you think that a 36yr old father of 3 would know by now that YOU PUT THAT SHIT UP OUT OF REACH OF A 4YR OLD!! 

UGH! So if I take the water hose out and hose off the area of the ground will that be enough to wash away the fluid or do I need some saw dust?!?

by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
B.A.G.
by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:54 PM

oh wow! how horrible!!! id put saw dust down just in case. but be prepared. i sense a mom bashing for you not being out there with him......

Bets85
by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:56 PM

Ohh he just called be back to inform that he isnt at fault. Its my fault. Isnt unusal for him. He never takes blame for anything.... Its always someone elses wrong doing!!!!! Gotta love him!

3armycuties
by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:58 PM

Wow! Glad he's ok momma! Yes, I would beat my DH if he did that. Don't know about hosing it down or saw dust. Just be careful until it's taken care of is the only thing I can saw.

Bets85
by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:59 PM

Let them bash.... My living room faces the back yard and  the garage..... I got 4 windows that gives me perfect view to my back yard that yes is fenced in.  There is just this little nook cornor area that we keep the grill in and I couldnt see around it and that is where he was............

Quoting B.A.G.:

oh wow! how horrible!!! id put saw dust down just in case. but be prepared. i sense a mom bashing for you not being out there with him......

HLoeffler08
by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:00 PM

I would of hurt him....lol....That is horrible. He should of known better...

Lauriemom
by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:02 PM

I would be pissed off too!!  Not bashing but 4 really is too young to be outside alone tho, if it wasn't the lighter fluid it would be some other unsafe thing he found....NO I am calling you a bad parent but I do think that this will hopefully serve as a wake up call from now on dn't let him outside alone....

mediumchunkx
by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:09 PM

Ahhh, hubands...mine left MY bank card at the ATM yesterday...

Lauriemom
by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:12 PM

Do we have the same hubby? LOL

Quoting Bets85:

Ohh he just called be back to inform that he isnt at fault. Its my fault. Isnt unusal for him. He never takes blame for anything.... Its always someone elses wrong doing!!!!! Gotta love him!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)