Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How could they NOT get this right? "Making work pay" tax credit

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:54 PM
  • 5 Replies

Each individual gets $400 extra in the Making Work Pay tax credit.  Each couple gets $800.  So how come dh gets $200 extra a month, starting in April and I get an extra $20 a week, starting in March.  His would equal $1,800.  Mine would be $800.  That means we would be getting an extra $1,800 this year which LITTLE KNOWN FACT, would be deducted from our refund next year.  Beware.....

Seriously, how hard would it have been to make the tax tables correct???  There's gonna be a lot of pissed off people refund time next year.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/INSIDE-WASHINGTON-Rude-apf-15091434.html?.v=1

by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
1busymomma03
by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:56 PM

Yep. Everyone will have to pay that extra money back. We always get a big tax return, so we will just get less. I feel bad for the people that will have to surprisingly pay in this year though.

Kamrynsmommy06
by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:59 PM

wow, i cant wait until next Feburary when there are 25 billion posts titled---"i got screwed by the IRS" and "where is my refund"?

Nothing is ever free.

1busymomma03
by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:10 PM

LOL. OMG I hadn't even thought about how many of those posts there will be. I may just stay off CM all thru tax season... lol

Quoting Kamrynsmommy06:

wow, i cant wait until next Feburary when there are 25 billion posts titled---"i got screwed by the IRS" and "where is my refund"?

Nothing is ever free.

zianneaaliyah
by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:15 PM

I look at is as, some people are getting a stimulus check early.

mushmom
by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:19 PM

I'm so glad dh and I know.  We are adjusting our deductions (in our checks) accordingly (I'm claiming 0 dependents instead of 1, which makes it close to what it should be).  We like getting that nice refund every year and want it to be the same next year.

Quoting 1busymomma03:

Yep. Everyone will have to pay that extra money back. We always get a big tax return, so we will just get less. I feel bad for the people that will have to surprisingly pay in this year though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)