Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To those who think im not a mother...

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:37 PM
  • 164 Replies

Because i dont do what you do ever day as a mother.....You right i dont tuck arwen into bed at night...instead i cry and bring flowers to her grave when i can.....You are right i wont be attending her kindergarten graduation at the end of this month...Instead i will cry that day and want so much to have that with her.....You are right i wont get to celebrate every birthday with hug, cakes and gifts I spend her birthdays with my other kids and husband sitting at a grave wanting to hold her. Then 7 days later i call my niece and tell her happy birthday and know that her and my daughter would be the same age and be doing the same thing.  So your right i dont do what you do EVERY day as a mother.....And i pray all the time that no other mother has to do what i do being Arwens mother.. And know this those times you dread and hate like potty training and trantrums..that mothers like me wish every day that the child we lost would be at home having those tantrums and throwing those fits.  So ill be damned if you think that you are any more a mother than i have because your child is alive.

To those who asked.. Arwen was a full term still birth. I went into labor went to the hospital thinking arwen would come home to be told that they couldnt find a heartbeat and that she was deceased She had trisomy 18.

Because i love my little girl  Because yes i am Bipolar

Because Trisomy 18 Has affected my life For my aunt

For my grampa (lung cancer) for my mother in law 

Pink and Blue because infants deserve to be remembered too

WHAT COLORS ARE IN YOUR LIFE?

by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shanamaria
by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:39 PM

OHH MAMA  you are very very very much a mother!   I am so sorry I could not imagine having to go through that each day let alone every holiday or minute of each day!

humanjunglegym
by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:40 PM

I am so, so, so sorry for your loss, momma.  And you're right, you are a mom.  People are so judgemental.

stormcris

im sorryOf course you are a mother I am sorry for those who said you weren't.

parkerkamismom

Oh sweetie, I'm sorry.  I'm sorry that someone would make you feel less of a mother because your angel is in heaven instead of on earth.   ((((HUGS)))) 

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on May. 8, 2009 at 1:41 PM

First off.. i'm sorry for your loss.  I cannot imagine the grief you go through!  But regardless if you have a living child or an angel baby I consider any woman a mother because they did conceive a child.  Ugh people get on my nerves for saying otherwise.  Let's hope and pray they never have to go through the hell you have been through and have to experience losing a child.  And don't let these judgemental bitches get the best of you.  YOU are a mother and you know it.  Best of luck to you!!  Oh and Happy Mama's Day!!  =]

jesi817
by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:42 PM

oh i am so so sorry.. i really am. you are every bit a mother! Happy Mothers Day to you... please celebrate "still loving your child"!! :)

PugBug_117
by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:42 PM

I am very sorry for your loss, and very sorry people don't think you're a mother. *HUGS*

ElijahsMommy58
by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:43 PM

You made me cry. :(

Twilight-Icons    Twilight-Icons

"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb..."

Ilovemyson51508
by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:44 PM

hugs!!!!! You are a mommy so i say screw them!!!

roxy85
by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:44 PM

Why would anyone think you're not a mother? You have two other children here and one watching over you...

Proud Army Wife and Former Soldier...

baby development

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)