Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 2 1/2 year old wont stop SCREAMING!!!

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:48 PM
  • 14 Replies

I need help.  If she cant get her shoe/clothes on right away she screams, if she doesnt get what she wants she screams, All she does all day long is SCREAM!!!!  And it isnt just a little scream it is high pitched full throated SCREEEEEEEEEAM.   Any advice?  I have already tried screaming back at her.  She thought it was funny and screamed back at me.  sigh I am at my witts end with this.

by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Moki75
by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:53 PM

bump

RmeWifey01
by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:56 PM

If it makes u feel any better, mine is doing it too, as well as her  4y/o brother!!!! UGH! I have threatened them with bedtime if I hear anymore! So far, so good!

Moki75
by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:58 PM

ugh I need it to stop LOL  she is the youngest of 3 and my husband sleeps during the day and she is starting to wake him up.  I told him earplugs LOL

Quoting RmeWifey01:

If it makes u feel any better, mine is doing it too, as well as her 4y/o brother!!!! UGH! I have threatened them with bedtime if I hear anymore! So far, so good!

1busymomma03
by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:58 PM

My 2 1/2 year old does this too. I don't know what to do for it, because so far nothing I have done has worked...  I'm hoping it's a stage she will grow out of very soon.

Quoting RmeWifey01:

If it makes u feel any better, mine is doing it too, as well as her  4y/o brother!!!! UGH! I have threatened them with bedtime if I hear anymore! So far, so good!

PugBug_117
by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:59 PM

Do you discipline at all? (I don't mean just spanking, but time-out, quiet time in her room) Do you give in and give her what she wants?

mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2009 at 2:00 PM

Duct tape? LOL I have no idea mine normally runs away when i try to get her dressed.

Moki75
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:01 PM

yes I discipline.  If she is screaming because she cant get her clothes on right of course I help her but if she screams over getting a toy taken away etc no she doesnt get it back just because she screamed.  her room isnt an option since it is next door to ours.

Quoting PugBug_117:

Do you discipline at all? (I don't mean just spanking, but time-out, quiet time in her room) Do you give in and give her what she wants?

Fit_Momma_Of_2
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:02 PM

Sorry hun,thats just how some kids re. My 3 yr old gave me migraines from all his screming. 

pse07
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:14 PM

my dd does it and the only thing that works at home it alone time in the room. in public i  usually point out all the people that are looking at her and she stops.

MoMluvsherkids
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2009 at 2:16 PM

WOW I DIDNT GO THREW THAT BUT MY 1 & A HALF YEAR OLD  IS STARTING TANTROMS AND I PUT HER ON A TIME OUT CHAIR. i KNOW IT IS HARD BUT U WILL HALF TO PUT HER ON THE TIME OUT CHAIR AND WALK AWAY IF SHE GETS OFF PUT HER ON AND TELL HER THIS IS UR TIME OUT. KEEP REPEATING THIS SHE WILL GET TIRED EVENTUALY. THIS WILL ONLY TAKE A COUPLE OF DAYS TILL SHE NOTICES YOU WONT TAKE IT ANYMORE. YOU WILL HAVE TO TELL HUBY THAT THIS IS THE ONLY WAY AND IT WILL ONLY BE FOR A COUPLE DAYS TILL SHE KNOWS HER LIMITS.  IF YOU PUT HER IN HER ROOM SHE THINKS THAT SHE CAN PLAY WITH HER STUFF AFTER HER TANTRUM AND THEN THEY THINK THEY CAN DO WHATEVER THEY WANT. MAKE SURE YOU PUT THE CHAIR WERE THERE IS NOTHING CLOSE TO IT, NOT EVEN BY THE TV.  HOPE THIS WORKS FOR YOU LET US KNOW OK!!! GOOD LUCK!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)