Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how can she just walk away??

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:32 PM
  • 5 Replies

so i have two friends..dont know their first names honestly i guess its a military thing...anyways they are both sgts that work with my husband and today he came home and said that they were getting a divorce. now i knew they had been having problems kinda because she ran into an old boyfriend and came home and told her husband that she wasnt sure if she wanted to be married still. well they came over for dinner and everything seemed fine they were laughing and playing around like it had never happened. THEN today hubby comes home and is starring at our son and so i asked whats wrong he said "the R's are getting a divorce. apparently last night she told him in casual conversation that she didnt want to married anymore and he can have their son because she is feeling trapped." basically she would rather go out and party than have her family! now her husband is all torn up and came into my husbands office crying about it this morning! i just cant believe she would give up her family her SON so she go get drunk and hungover the next day oooo missing out on so much....ugh. i feel so crappy for him :(

by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
smilesalways26
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:35 PM

Kinda makes me wonder if its depression. How old is the baby? But it is sad and believe it or not but there are a lot of woman out there that have done that. I could never be without my kids, but maybe she is depressed. 

prego7386
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:44 PM

the baby is actually not so much a baby i guess he is about a year and a half or so and she is 23. she says she feels like she is missing out on life and i can kinda understand because i am 22 and see alot of girls my age out partying and what not and yeah sometimes i do feel a little "cramped" but then i just remind myself that i have a wonderful husband who provides a great life and a beautiful healthy baby boy which is what i would ultimately want in the end so its not a bad thing that im not out getting messed up and partying. i just dont get how she cant snap herself out of it and realize that her child is more important than some stupid partying and hooking up with random guys!

Quoting smilesalways26:

Kinda makes me wonder if its depression. How old is the baby? But it is sad and believe it or not but there are a lot of woman out there that have done that. I could never be without my kids, but maybe she is depressed. 

Sirenabella
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:49 PM

1st option - some ppl aren't cut out for marriage or parenting. 2nd option - you will almost never hear everything about what is really going on between a couple in the middle of a split/divorce. Even your friends/family. Lord knows I've heard the way my ex tells our story and it isn't the way it happened at all.

ceemuhreeashbee
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:53 PM

She'll regret it. One day she will look back and she will understand what's more important.

I honestly think it's better that she does leave, if she stayed and cheated/partied she would tear their home apart and the son sould have to live through all of that. No this isn't fair either but at least his dad can try to make it as normal as possible for him.

shabby.chic
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:55 PM

What's really sad is how often that happesn. Although usually it's when the couple have a ton of kids and the mom says screw it and walks away.

God loves everyone, but probably prefers 'fruits of the spirit' over 'religious nuts'.
He who angers you controls you.
God promises a safe landing, not a calm passage.
God Himself does not propose to judge a man until he is dead.  So why should you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)