Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help, food stamps?!

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:36 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hello, well my husband has been out of work for almost 2 years now, which means we are totally struggling!!! i never really thought about food stamps or anything until i recently read a post on here! so my question is...how do i go about applying for that? any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

~*Meg*~

by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
meghan925
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:38 PM

What state do you live in? Just go to google, type in "apply for food stamps in -------" you can apply online.

Im a proud 18 year old teen mommy to my beautiful 18 month old, Alaina Marie.

lori257
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:38 PM

Go to your local welfare office and ask for an application for them

priincessz
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2009 at 2:38 PM

well you can go to your local department and just grab and application there. you will also need all your source of income and what bills you pay and things like that.

priincessz
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2009 at 2:39 PM

yeah that too. it be way better than sitting for hours in the office.

Quoting meghan925:

What state do you live in? Just go to google, type in "apply for food stamps in -------" you can apply online.

My_4_cuties_08
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:39 PM

Quoting lori257:

Go to your local welfare office and ask for an application for them

the_littles2007
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:41 PM

Go to your local Department of Health and Human Resources. Let them know you want to apply for services. You will need to show 30day worth of income (wages, SSI, unemployment, etc), all your bills, rent/mortgage, proof of who is in the household (adults and kids, ALL OF THEM). I think that is it. The services are the same I think in almost all states, just the income limits vary. There is Food Stamps, TANF (cash assistance), Medicaid, Clothing Vouchers (school time for kids), and if you are on TANF there are a lot of other programs to help you.  

HTH

I am a quick food feeding, vaccinating, public school sending, overweight but non dieting, smoking, christian but non church going, mother of 2, step mom to 4, Obama voting, cafemom loving, french fry eating mom, who loves NO ONE! Have a great day!

grammarpolice
by on May. 8, 2009 at 3:38 PM

I just googled around and found a document that says if a family of 4 (which I looked at because that's what MY family is) makes less than $40,793 a year they qualify for reduced price meals for kids in school, if that helps any. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)