Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if you buy pizza hut online i have a question...

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:41 PM
  • 11 Replies

i was going to order a pizza from pizza hut online last night  to have it delivered but when i was checking out it had a delivery charge of 2.50 what does that mean? also how much do you tip them ive always picked up pizza....

by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RiyahsMommy08
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:43 PM

They charge to deliver pizza to your house. Surely you knew this.

dmcarpenter619
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:43 PM

I order it online quite a bit, and we never get charged a delivery fee.  I don't know if it is the state you live in or maybe the amount you ordered.  I always order over the minimum but that could be why.  I also only tip  a couple of dollars. 

Dona
Mommy to Chantel and Cordell
Wife to Eric 10.24.02
**To a child LOVE is spelled T-I-M-E

alleykatt28
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:44 PM

Yeah, when ever you order deliever.. whether its through the phone or the internet... they have a delievery charge. Also, i usually tip $5.

Quoting RiyahsMommy08:

soldier-2_thumb.png i love my soldier image by leosgirrl

Do you play MafiaWars on MySpace? Need more mafia? Come join in on the fun!! http://www.cafemom.com/group/102762

Kays_Mama06
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:44 PM

That's a delivery charge. And you tip them whatever you want. Just like any other delivery service. 

ErikaM27
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:46 PM

Quoting RiyahsMommy08:

if i knew this i wouldnt be asking...

the_littles2007

Here in WV there is always a delivery fee. That fee goes straight to the delivery guy/girl. Here is varies from $1.00 to 3.00 depending on the pizza place. Also, I always tip about $5.00 if it is under $50. I use to deliver pizzas and I really depended on those tips.

I am a quick food feeding, vaccinating, public school sending, overweight but non dieting, smoking, christian but non church going, mother of 2, step mom to 4, Obama voting, cafemom loving, french fry eating mom, who loves NO ONE! Have a great day!

NESmith63

Hmm....i dont have a pizza hut close enough to get delivery...but i know our local pizza places charge more for delivery. I usually tip about $5.  Well technically they dont charge for delivery but they give you a discount if you pick up the pizza.

baseball                                                baby gift
   Matthew Dylan 3/9/05                                      Makayla Anne 2/27/09

davidnjonsmommy

Most places always charge a delivery fee of some sort. They charge that whether you order online or by phone. Tip whatever you feel comfortable with.  

alleykatt28
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:52 PM

lol... duh.. jk :)~

Quoting ErikaM27:

Quoting RiyahsMommy08:

if i knew this i wouldnt be asking...

soldier-2_thumb.png i love my soldier image by leosgirrl

Do you play MafiaWars on MySpace? Need more mafia? Come join in on the fun!! http://www.cafemom.com/group/102762

Swtdreamerbaby
by on May. 8, 2009 at 3:33 PM

We are charged a delivery fee here.  I really don't think it's only if you order online..it's if you have it delivered.  I know it's not the delivery persons fault..but I only tip a couple dollars because of it regardless since I am getting hit twice!

Quoting dmcarpenter619:

I order it online quite a bit, and we never get charged a delivery fee.  I don't know if it is the state you live in or maybe the amount you ordered.  I always order over the minimum but that could be why.  I also only tip  a couple of dollars. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)