Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you breastfeed I need advice..

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 4:25 PM
  • 12 Replies

I just ate and it made my stomach hurt basically gave me diarrhea! SORRY TMI I breastfeed and also bottle feed. Since it gave me a stomach ache should I just bottle feed my son and pump out the milk. Is it likely he'll have diarrhea too or colic's too?

by on May. 8, 2009 at 4:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Meganskiddos
by on May. 8, 2009 at 4:27 PM

I came across this prob a couple times and I still breastfed.  By the time it got to my milk, I had gotten the most of it LOL.  It's up to you.  :)  No harm either way.

ErikaM27
by on May. 8, 2009 at 4:27 PM

bump

billysmami
by on May. 8, 2009 at 4:33 PM

I always do... it never seems to bother her at all... I was told that even if you get sick you should continue to breastfeed, you will do no harm to the baby, instead you can help him build defenses against it.. so weird ha...

unique_puzzle
by on May. 8, 2009 at 4:37 PM

Quoting billysmami:

I always do... it never seems to bother her at all... I was told that even if you get sick you should continue to breastfeed, you will do no harm to the baby, instead you can help him build defenses against it.. so weird ha...

tashamyork
by on May. 8, 2009 at 4:38 PM

There are very very very few illnesses that you should not bf with. I can't even think of any off the top of my head. I got the flu when my son was 4 weeks and they told me the best thing I could do was bf. Good luck :)

adamsmama
by on May. 8, 2009 at 4:38 PM

Nursing while you're ill is fine. It should not affect her. In fact, it should help build her immunity.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 8, 2009 at 4:39 PM

I would just drink more water or juice to help build up your hydration since you had upset stomach.  Do whatever you feel comfortable with. I dont think the germs travel through breastmilk or the bad food would harm your baby also.

mommybug77
by on May. 8, 2009 at 4:39 PM

I find that BF usually keeps her from getting things even when I get sick. I had the flu when she was little & nursed her threw it, she never caught it at all.

Mama2HannahLynn
by on May. 8, 2009 at 4:39 PM

Quoting adamsmama:

Nursing while you're ill is fine. It should not affect her. In fact, it should help build her immunity.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

westtexaslady
by on May. 8, 2009 at 4:40 PM

i agree with everyone else... i had the stomach bug when i was bf my first daughter, and she never caught it... then i got it again when my second daughter... and again, she didn't get it either. you're probably talking about the food that made you have diarrhea, but i doubt it will cause your baby to have diarrhea, too...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)