Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wth is wrong with this woman?! Seriously.

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 4:25 PM
  • 15 Replies

My MIL calls a few minutes ago and says, "I know I was supposed to get the kids tonight, but I have a headache and I'm all achy, like I'm getting the flu."  I of course say no no, that's fine, don't worry about it - for obvious freakin' reasons. She then goes on to tell me about how she's going to leave work early, and she probably got it from other co-workers in her office who still came to work even though they had the flu. So when I tell her it's probably better if she doesn't get the kids this weekend, even if she does feel better in the morning, she tries to backtrack and tell me it's just because she's tired and (for about the 5th time) that she'll be fine and get the kids tomorrow. Uhhhh, no.  

Now, wouldn't you think that as their grandmother she wouldn't want to risk giving them the freakin' flu, and/or giving ME, 27 weeks pregnant, the flu? I'll also be skipping her dads 75th b-day party tomorrow if she goes, and I'm sure that alone will cause a huge uproar with her. UGH.  

Pregnancy hormones are a' ragin today, lol.  

by on May. 8, 2009 at 4:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KYChica
by on May. 8, 2009 at 4:26 PM

To me that just sounds like an excuse to get out of watching them today... 

Live As If Today Is Your Last Graphic

True Love Is Being A Mom GraphicCute Colorful Mushroom Graphic

momofboys631
by on May. 8, 2009 at 4:27 PM

I don't blame you one bit. I wouldn't send my kids nor be around her for the weekend.

baseballtoddler boybaby boy

Mom To 3 Rowdy Boys

fryshannon34
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2009 at 4:28 PM

Quoting KYChica:

Me too

stormcris
by on May. 8, 2009 at 4:28 PM

Perhaps the backtracking is because she feels bad for letting you down or something? 

davidnjonsmommy
by on May. 8, 2009 at 4:28 PM

That's what I was thinking.

Quoting KYChica:

mediumchunkx
by on May. 8, 2009 at 4:29 PM

Yeah, she must have made plans tonight and wants them only tommorow night.

Lanie_momofone
by on May. 8, 2009 at 4:35 PM

Honestly, it sounds like to me that she really isnt feeling good..but doesnt want to skip out on the whole weekend, and wants to see her grandchildren. How often does she take them for the weekend?

JudeandLucy
by on May. 8, 2009 at 4:37 PM

It does kind of sound like an excuse. But at the same time, she tries to take the kids anytime she's sick. (She almost always takes them one night a weekend) 

Oh well, if it was an excuse she should've come up with a better one, lol.

Oh, and she doesn't have plans. She doesn't have any friends. Literally. lol. Ok I guess that's not funny...did I mention I'm cranky?

JudeandLucy
by on May. 8, 2009 at 4:38 PM

One night a weekend, but she hasn't had DS in over a month. I get that she really wants to see them but at the risk of them getting sick?

Quoting Lanie_momofone:

Honestly, it sounds like to me that she really isnt feeling good..but doesnt want to skip out on the whole weekend, and wants to see her grandchildren. How often does she take them for the weekend?

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on May. 8, 2009 at 4:40 PM

Uhm yeah you would think she would not want to risk you and your kids getting it.  I've had a virus all day long (throwing up, running off and running a fever).  I had a friend of mines pick him up this morning and took him to daycare and then my SO is picking him and keeping him tonight (we dont live together) I don't want my ds to get whatever the hell I might have..  Ugh people never fail to amaze me.. it would be really bad if your kids got it but damn she isn't even thinking about being that you are pregnant and could possibly get it too!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)