Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone's hubby (or Dad) :) work with HVAC????

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 5:20 PM
  • 9 Replies

If so I have a question about forced air systems. Our house currently has a force air system with a split AC unit (part of it indoors and part of it outdoors). If that is removed (forgive my wrong word there.. haha!) will that affect the heating system?

by on May. 8, 2009 at 5:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
amymarie0315
by on May. 8, 2009 at 5:24 PM

If you don't know, please bump... thank you!

Sheley
by on May. 8, 2009 at 5:25 PM

Hang on...I'll go ask

Sheley
by on May. 8, 2009 at 5:28 PM

First off......I'm the dad, haha. Would you happen to know if primary means of heating are electric or heat pump? Or possibly natural gas depending on where you live. Yes, all 3 of these sources make an impact on efficiency.

What are you trying to remove and why?

amymarie0315
by on May. 8, 2009 at 6:11 PM

Ok thank you for being willing to answer my question! :)

We have natural gas heating.

We're not removing it the owners want to, I'm assuming to sell it since it is currently going into foreclosure. We want to buy the house but they won't short sale because they want to file for bankruptcy. (hah this is probably more than you wanted to know!)

Quoting Sheley:

First off......I'm the dad, haha. Would you happen to know if primary means of heating are electric or heat pump? Or possibly natural gas depending on where you live. Yes, all 3 of these sources make an impact on efficiency.

Sheley
by on May. 8, 2009 at 7:07 PM

He's really my husband....he means the dad of our child haha.  I'll get back in a minute with him...he's outside killing ants :)

Quoting amymarie0315:

We're not removing it the owners want to, I'm assuming to sell it since it is currently going into foreclosure. We want to buy the house but they won't short sale because they want to file for bankruptcy. (hah this is probably more than you wanted to know!)

Quoting Sheley:

amymarie0315
by on May. 8, 2009 at 7:08 PM

I should explain that I don't care if they remove it.. once we buy the house, they're insurance will go after them for removing it and we'll get to deduct the amount  from the cost of the house if there is any damage.

I just want to make sure it won't affect the heating system, which is legally not ok to do if a tenant is living in a house.

amymarie0315
by on May. 8, 2009 at 7:09 PM

OH!... ok sorry, I misunderstood.. :)

Thank you again (and thank him) for helping me with this!

Quoting Sheley:

He's really my husband....he means the dad of our child haha.  I'll get back in a minute with him...he's outside killing ants :)

Quoting amymarie0315:

Quoting Sheley:

Sheley
by on May. 8, 2009 at 7:16 PM

Is there a separate furnace? If not, removing the split system will include removing the heat also.

amymarie0315
by on May. 8, 2009 at 7:36 PM

Ok, thank you very much!! That is exactly what I needed!!!

Quoting Sheley:

Is there a separate furnace? If not, removing the split system will include removing the heat also.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)