Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What did you do for you child's 1st birthday

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 5:52 PM
  • 15 Replies

I want to go all out SO says he's not going to remember anyway. What did you you guys do for your kid's first birthday?

by on May. 8, 2009 at 5:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
olivejuicebby
by on May. 8, 2009 at 5:55 PM

i want to know what others did, too! i want ideas for my sons 1st b-day =)

Photobucket

nemiller
by on May. 8, 2009 at 5:57 PM

go diego do themed party at our house.  invited in-laws and a few friends.  i know he won't remember, so i didn't do something elaborate, but i wanted to celebrate and have the pictures.

ChristineSellsT
by on May. 8, 2009 at 5:59 PM

We had a #1 themed party at my house. It was the best really for the adults to enjoy and kids to play. I had rented a few banquet tables and set them up out back. We purchased a canopy from Home Depot for shade. Our house backed up to the lake so we had the horse & pony down there. Gave rides around the lake. Then we had a bounce house inside the backyard, pinata, cake, food. We also had games but it was more for the older kids that came.

The teens & adults got a little crazy towards the end of the day.....the little ones went to sleep....we decided to turn the hose on the throw it in the bounce house. That was fun!!

I think as long as friends and family are there you'll have a great time!

TuMaiidiiTa.
by on May. 8, 2009 at 5:59 PM

I had very simple birthday parties. At that age they don't enjoy it much and they sure enough will not remember.   

Rachel3283
by on May. 8, 2009 at 6:20 PM

My son's first birthday party is in 3 weeks. We are going to invite family and a few friends w/ kids. We're having a mickey mouse clubhouse theme and a bbq in the backyard. We have a canopy to put up so all the pack n plays for whoever has babies can go under it. Also we have a pool so I'm telling everyone to bring their swimsuits!

ZoeCY
by on May. 8, 2009 at 6:33 PM

We invited the whole family (her aunts, uncles, grandparents, great-grandparents, great aunts & uncles, my cousins, etc.).  Our family always does big parties for the first ones.  We did a zoo theme because she loves animals and doesn't watch TV yet so there aren't really any characters that she knows and loves.

cassie_jean
by on May. 8, 2009 at 6:34 PM

Me too for my DD

Quoting olivejuicebby:

i want to know what others did, too! i want ideas for my sons 1st b-day =)

baby girlEmma (8-03-08)

redheadsmommie
by on May. 8, 2009 at 6:37 PM

we had a BIG party at chuckiecheese. my dd actually had a BALL.even though she was only 1.  

ldw5108a
by on May. 8, 2009 at 6:37 PM

I'm doing a zoo theme for my son's b-day too!

Quoting ZoeCY:

We invited the whole family (her aunts, uncles, grandparents, great-grandparents, great aunts & uncles, my cousins, etc.).  Our family always does big parties for the first ones.  We did a zoo theme because she loves animals and doesn't watch TV yet so there aren't really any characters that she knows and loves.

Jenny0123j
by on May. 8, 2009 at 6:38 PM

We didn't have a themed party for my DS but we had a barbeque outside.  It was a lot of fun! With my DD had a ladybug themed party.  We couldn't afford to do much for hers though.  Like your SO says they won't remember it but it's fun to go all out! And they can come back and look at pictures later!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)