Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Carry On Luggage Size

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 5:57 PM
  • 9 Replies

Ok This is my firt time going on airplane LOL. I am going to see my family and friends in Michigan. And my dad not sure on carry on size. What size is the carry on luggage size?

WARNING: BROTHER IS DELPOYED

MAY BE PRONE TO GRUMPINESS

AND ERRATIC BEHAVIOR

by on May. 8, 2009 at 5:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
kabbima
by on May. 8, 2009 at 5:59 PM

No idea, I have never been on an airplane, but I would suggest checking their website to see, or calling the airline, that way you would have the actual size instead of a guess.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 8, 2009 at 5:59 PM

a purse or back pack would count as your personal item and then depending on which airline you are going the carryons can by no bigger than the size of a pillow length wise and weight less than 20 lbs I think... Go to whichever airline you are going to and they would have the regulations there as to what size for carryon.

hollymarierocks
by on May. 8, 2009 at 6:01 PM

22inches --- you can fit bigger but thats the size they want or smaller... i was a flight attendant and my husband works for the baggage on United

How`s my pregnancy doing?
nemiller
by on May. 8, 2009 at 6:02 PM

check the airline's website.  they'll have specifics.  it doesn't HAVE to be the sizes they designate, though.  as long as it's no bigger than the sizes they say.  usually, the smallest bag that comes with a luggage set is good for carry-on.  and a purse-sized bag would be a good carry on.  it has to fit under the set in front of you, though.

lcappytan05
by on May. 8, 2009 at 6:03 PM

you need to go to the airline you are flying with's website. they will give you baggage information there....all airlines are different, so just because someone says something for one, doesnt necessarily mean it is the same for another....

plus, most airlines let you have 2 carryons....1 personal and 1 luggage. so a purse (or laptop bag) and a backpack, duffle bag, or small suitcase...

Are you an Evolution Mommy??? Come join my group! click here!

greenie63
by on May. 8, 2009 at 6:05 PM

This is pretty standard for all airlines (i'm an ex airline employee)

Size and Weight Restrictions

If your carry-on bag doesn't meet these size and weight restrictions it must be checked, and all checked baggage rules will apply. Your bag must:

• Weigh less than 40 pounds (18 kg).
  • Not exceed 45 inches (length + width + height).
  • Fit easily in our SizeCheck┬« unit (approximately 22"x14"x9").
  • Fit in an overhead bin or underneath the seat in front of you.
Carolbrady100
by on May. 8, 2009 at 6:06 PM

Do you know what airlines? You can go on their website and find out exactly what their rules and regulations are!

babygirlsmom314
by Corinne on May. 8, 2009 at 6:06 PM

Check the airline website.  Each airline has different rules.

Rachealla2
by on May. 8, 2009 at 6:44 PM

Not sure on airlines, My dad bought the tickets. I am leaving from Orlando LOL. But Thanks ladies on the info

Quoting Carolbrady100:

Do you know what airlines? You can go on their website and find out exactly what their rules and regulations are!

My brother and his wife are PROUD soldiers. They fight for your freedom and mine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)