Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyones school need to increase their budget as much as mine 27%!!!!! - Im sick over it

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 6:06 PM
  • 7 Replies

My Dh and I are both working 4 jobs total and can barely live here and now this :(  I just want to cry!  Im a teacher and I still am not sure how to vote!  Its just insane!

L.I. Community Faces Double-Digit Tax Hike

NEW YORK (CBS) ―

by on May. 8, 2009 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
stormcris
by on May. 8, 2009 at 6:11 PM

We have not had a press release about it but I guess the town needs money for a lot of things because they have been out auditing properties....I hate to see the tax increase for this time around since every thing I plant costs me more money. 

FDNYwife
by on May. 8, 2009 at 6:40 PM

Its terrible - Everyone is having trouble and they hit us with THAT!?  I mean for real?! 

stormcris
by on May. 8, 2009 at 6:49 PM

Yes I had heard that the federal government was going to put a stop to property taxes for two years but apparently that did not go over well. 

two4one
by on May. 8, 2009 at 7:01 PM

When I read your title I though to myself, Sure do. It just happens to be your district. They made had some problems a few years ago that now all of us are paying for. It sucks. but I think that tax increase it insane. How much are you paying in taxes now?

Mom of twins

Peyton and Mackenzie~11/22/04

Do Not Breed or Buy Labels

FDNYwife
by on May. 8, 2009 at 7:56 PM

In all honesty I dont know - its included in my mortgage payment.. but I can barely afford another cent and now were having baby #3 and have to pay more in daycare... Its just no good :(

Quoting two4one:

When I read your title I though to myself, Sure do. It just happens to be your district. They made had some problems a few years ago that now all of us are paying for. It sucks. but I think that tax increase it insane. How much are you paying in taxes now?

mom2four1978
by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:00 PM

Our town already has crazy high property taxes. Our school gets lots of money but we have something called the robin hood law here. The law allows other school districts to take our surplus money. Which means high property taxes here and people in areas who pay lower taxes get the extra our town pays.

Logan_Bellasmom
by Falling Starr on May. 8, 2009 at 8:03 PM

My sons school district just fired all first and second year teachers because of the budget. One being my sons current teacher and a friend of a friend. It sucks

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)