Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My thoughts on *most likely to cause drama*

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 6:56 PM
  • 44 Replies

Pot/Weed/Marijuana.

Just like ANY OTHER weed people can are ARE allergic to it. Just like ragweed and dandelions and crab grass...all weeds...Ok maybe not crab grass as a weed but still its a plant.

I am sick of people saying all the time its a plant. Sure its a plant that can kill my son.

How would you like to go in public and walk past someone and send them into respiratory distress because you smoked and have it on your cloths?! How would you feel it if was a small child? Say a 2 yr old? Well that has and will happen to my son and as pot is becoming more and more "popular" (don't exactly see why) more people are popping up allergic. 1 in 50 are allergic to pot according to my sons allergist, and that's just a mildly allergy. My son's is severe, and a little more rare. But there are still cases of it.

And before you ask HOW I know this. Where I was living before the people below us would smoke pot (even after us asking them not too) in there bathroom which had the access panel in my sons closet. We were in and out of the ER 19 times before he was we moved when he was 6 months old. NINETEEN TIMES! My LL did nothing. The ER asked if we smoked, we said no. They asked if we smoked ANYTHING we said NO! But we did say about our neighbors, the did a serum test. He has a level 5 (severe) allergy to Marijuana and a level 2 to cigarettes.

I REALLY don't care what you do in your house and if you would wash your cloths and such before you leave! But the next time your joy riding smoking pot and stop for munches, you walk by someone who starts coughing wonder if that will be there last breathe, wonder if they are allergic to you.

I KNOW its used for medicine. Good, it helps, one person but can kill another. Does that make it right? IMO no.

/end rant/

Come on...tell me you cant be allergic to a weed or a plant...Give me your valid points.

by on May. 8, 2009 at 6:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LEJOLIE
by on May. 8, 2009 at 6:59 PM

OHH I CANNOT EVEN BEGIN TO READ THAT COLOR FONT...BAD EYESIGHT! (= 

DeirdraG.
by on May. 8, 2009 at 7:00 PM

Sorry Ill fix it!

Quoting LEJOLIE:

Butterfly07Mama
by on May. 8, 2009 at 7:00 PM

I agree with you that yes just like anything else u can be allergic my friend is allergic to it as a matter a fact. i'm right there with you in ur house i dont care what u do,but to go out in public and do that its just wrong on so many levels

rachael_c
by on May. 8, 2009 at 7:01 PM

I dont have bad eyes sight...but it's a terrible color to try and read.  I just don't want to work to read this

Quoting LEJOLIE:

in love          toddler boy           baby girl            ttc

Married (6-9-07)             Bryan (10-6-04)              Emma (07-25-08)             Trying for # 3

HeatherMae55

People are severely allergic to peanut butter too, and I'm not going to stop eaing it. 

I don't smoke pot anymore anyway, but I never left the house after smoking it.. but I also didn't try to rid myself of all smoke or whatever before leaving, just like I won't wash my hands after eating a PB&J.

I'm sorry your son is allergic, and yes I have heard that people can be allergic to pot.

Blame Straight Peopleprochoice.jpg pro choice image by thekiltedyaksmen

DeirdraG.

Curious as to how severe the allergy is? If you dont mind.

Quoting Butterfly07Mama:

I agree with you that yes just like anything else u can be allergic my friend is allergic to it as a matter a fact. i'm right there with you in ur house i dont care what u do,but to go out in public and do that its just wrong on so many levels

DeirdraG.
by on May. 8, 2009 at 7:02 PM

I changed the color.

Quoting rachael_c:

I dont have bad eyes sight...but it's a terrible color to try and read.  I just don't want to work to read this

Quoting LEJOLIE:

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 8, 2009 at 7:02 PM

hugs  aww your poor baby having to deal with that.  I am mildly allergic to cigarette smoke so people that know me dont smoke either ciggies or pot around me as a sign of respect.   Are or have you moved to a safer place to live?  I dont know if this would help but having an ionizer in our apartment helps filter out any smoke from the outside if we place it near a window.

DeirdraG.
by on May. 8, 2009 at 7:03 PM

Your correct. People are allergic to peanut butter.

But is peanut butter illegal? I think not.

It is illegal (In most causes, non medical I mean) for a reason.

Quoting HeatherMae55:

People are severely allergic to peanut butter too, and I'm not going to stop eaing it. 

I don't smoke pot anymore anyway, but I never left the house after smoking it.. but I also didn't try to rid myself of all smoke or whatever before leaving, just like I won't wash my hands after eating a PB&J.

I'm sorry your son is allergic, and yes I have heard that people can be allergic to pot.

HeatherMae55
by on May. 8, 2009 at 7:04 PM

No it is illegal because of fear and racism. 

Quoting DeirdraG.:

Your correct. People are allergic to peanut butter.

But is peanut butter illegal? I think not.

It is illegal (In most causes, non medical I mean) for a reason.

Quoting HeatherMae55:

Blame Straight Peopleprochoice.jpg pro choice image by thekiltedyaksmen

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)