Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I selfish for not wanting to share this site...

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 7:25 PM
  • 9 Replies

Poll

Question: Am I selfish for not wanting to share this site???

Options:

Yes

No

other because there is always and other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 26

View Results

Okay this is dumb but I want some opinions other than SO... SO I have a myspace, facebook accounts... ( maybe a twitter soon) and of course my cafemom... I have enjoyed my time on here.... Well I have been seeing the thing where you can be a fan of  CM on those sites... Well  I had it on my myspace for a while and my ex mother in law seen it signed up and staleked me on this site for a while.... ( I fixed that problem)  Now heres where I want advice... I am friends with my SOs ( almost) entire family on facebook... ( I LOVE his family) But I hve my issues with SO and they know we have problems but I never vent to them I vent on here... (I will be going to delet all my journals about our problems...) Well I want to be a fan of CM... BUt I really dont want to lose the only place that I have to vent...  My SO said who cares wht they think and just add it... But if I do and they wasnt to friend me on here can I really not accept it and not hurt their feelings or our really great relationships...???? I dont mind if my fiends see my journals or post cause we often have talked about our problems with the men in or lives and Im alot better off now than i was say 4 years ago.... Anyway would you just do and not care or would you just delet everything that maybe offensive to his family ( his mom and 2 sisters and then possibly his brothers wife, then there is the extended fam..like his moms sisters ect...)  Does it make me selfish that I want to keep this one site to myself??? Hell I dont even want my mom or future sil on this site cause I vent about them alot too...

by on May. 8, 2009 at 7:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MommyTo2Boyz
by on May. 8, 2009 at 7:28 PM

I don't think it's selfish.  Just make sure you don't post stuff in public forums where they can everything.  Oh and just don't tell them you screen name.

lovemymarine306
by on May. 8, 2009 at 7:31 PM

i don't tell my friends or family (other than one sister) that they should use this site, or even that i use it.  i can't vent and be completely honest if i'm worried that someone i know is reading what i have to say. 

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Mommy2Ryan
by on May. 8, 2009 at 7:32 PM

I don't think you are selfish at all. I haven't told any of my friends or family about this either. Not that I ever vent about them or anything, but I like keeping this my little secret. You can be a fan of CM, but make sure your screen name is something they would never figure out.

vivalaham
by on May. 8, 2009 at 7:33 PM

NO I don't want anyone I know in real life to be friends with me on here. This is my place to vent to people I don't know.

I'm a young, single, supporter of extended rear-facing, extended breastfeeding and co sleeping, doesn't believe in spanking, still going to school and working part-time, still living with my parents, feeds my son healthy, doesn't allow soda, obsessed with the internet and car seat safety, thinks daycares are a horrible environment for young children and a lets my son watch TV even though he's under the age of 2 kind of mother.

pinklilly_77
by on May. 8, 2009 at 7:40 PM

Okay you mommas made me feel better... Thanks...

Have a happy mothers day........ 

mariscilla
by on May. 8, 2009 at 7:43 PM

no way, not selfish. this is the one place you can vent. God know i would have gone crazy already if i didnt have this site to vent in. i like having something/ someplace where i can be 100% crazy, neuritic, insecure, confident, bizitchy, emotional, sarcastic, smarty pants i think i am a better mom then you, i am a horrible mom, wonderful self, f-the world me. keep it to yourself i say.

NadiasMommy427
by on May. 8, 2009 at 7:44 PM

I TELL NO ONE ABOUT MY CAFEMOM!!!!!! MINE!!! MINE!!!

lolsealed lip 

graciejoe
by on May. 8, 2009 at 7:47 PM

I tell everybody I know about CM so I don't know.  I don't vent about my husband to anybody but him though.  If there's something I'm not ready to talk to him about I write about it in my personal journal, not online.

MommiRey
by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:10 PM
I have told 4or5 people about cafemom, they made their acct but haven't gotten on in a while. I told them thinking itd be fun, but then got second thoughts on what I posted and so forth. Lucky for me I don't think they stalk me on here, or get on either..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)