Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No Relief for 8 days

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 7:31 PM
  • 32 Replies

I am 18 weeks pregnant and for the past 4 days i have a TERRIBLE migraine non-stop the only relief is sleep and that don't count, As far as my doctors I have no protein in my urine and my blood pressure was EXCELLENT 105/72

What I want to know is have any other mom had this happen to them? what was wrong with you? how did you get relief ?

Someone please HELP ME   surrender

UPDATE: Ladies nothing has helped it has been like 8 days or more of the throbbing, eye pain, blurred vision, colorful spots, i don't like light my computer screen i set so it wont be so bright, sounds make the throbbing worse, I went to my family doc for pain meds and the wait was so long and my pain was so bad I just started crying...and this couple brings there kids, no problem except the little girls has on these flip flops that squeak purposely, they let her down so she can walk OMG every step was a squeak, it got so bad that i walked out of the office but while i was standing ( as usual ) I got too dizzy and the day b4 a new symptom i have a stiff neck. I called a neurologist but they are booked until June, JUNE and they are open on Saturdays. How am I going to deal with this for 3 weeks and a few days of NON stop PAIN plus i have an 8 month old who all she do all day is scream

surrender

by on May. 8, 2009 at 7:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
geminimommie610
by on May. 8, 2009 at 7:35 PM
Crystallynn
by on May. 8, 2009 at 7:36 PM

This has never happened to me, but the first thing that came to mind is dehydration..... are you drinking enough water?

KYChica
by on May. 8, 2009 at 7:38 PM

When I was pregnant with my 3rd daughter I had a headache for 5 months straight. The doctors had everything checked out , my sinus' , my vision , my blood pressure , everything. Eventually I was put on narcotic pain medicine. It was the only thing that helped (I regret it though because that's what started my addiction...). My doctor told me that some women get really bad headaches during pregnancy for no reason at all. It could be caused by changes in your hormones.  Maybe you should talk to your doctor about this , because I know how miserable I was.

Live As If Today Is Your Last Graphic

True Love Is Being A Mom GraphicCute Colorful Mushroom Graphic

itsallabtthem84

I get real bad tension headaches that last for days & days. Ask you doctor if he/she can prescribe you something for your headaches. My doctor has given me Tylenol 3 & a muscle relaxer.

CafeMom Tickers
canary

My DD loved to give me migraines. The only thing that you can do is take some tylenol and put a cool washcloth over your eyes and try to relax. If that doesn't work I would say to call your Dr. and see what they suggest.

geminimommie610
by on May. 8, 2009 at 7:41 PM

You'd think i were a fish. lol

Quoting Crystallynn:

This has never happened to me, but the first thing that came to mind is dehydration..... are you drinking enough water?

ShadowRaven
by on May. 8, 2009 at 7:44 PM

It could be cluster headaches. I've suffered from them for years and had more episodes during my pregnancy. Pregnancy can also trigger them even if you've never gotten them before.

Come join my group, The Speakeasy!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/TheSpeakeasy

geminimommie610
by on May. 8, 2009 at 7:44 PM

Im sorry to hear that. I have an appointment soon I just dont want to be suffering these headaches all day everyday.. I have pain meds but i am VERY scared to take them for the health of my baby.....

Quoting KYChica:

When I was pregnant with my 3rd daughter I had a headache for 5 months straight. The doctors had everything checked out , my sinus' , my vision , my blood pressure , everything. Eventually I was put on narcotic pain medicine. It was the only thing that helped (I regret it though because that's what started my addiction...). My doctor told me that some women get really bad headaches during pregnancy for no reason at all. It could be caused by changes in your hormones.  Maybe you should talk to your doctor about this , because I know how miserable I was.

geminimommie610
by on May. 8, 2009 at 7:46 PM

I have pain meds but I am VERY scared to take them for the health of my baby. all i ever took with my other 2 we tylenol extra strength

Quoting itsallabtthem84:

I get real bad tension headaches that last for days & days. Ask you doctor if he/she can prescribe you something for your headaches. My doctor has given me Tylenol 3 & a muscle relaxer.

KYChica
by on May. 8, 2009 at 7:46 PM

I understand your concern. The doctor assured me that the pain medicine he gave me was perfectly safe during pregnancy. I was still very hesitate at first but eventually I couldn't take the pain anymore. I am no longer addicted to them but I wouldn't wish that on anyone , so if you do take them , please know the warning signs of dependency. Good luck to you & your baby :)

Quoting geminimommie610:

Im sorry to hear that. I have an appointment soon I just dont want to be suffering these headaches all day everyday.. I have pain meds but i am VERY scared to take them for the health of my baby.....

Quoting KYChica:

Live As If Today Is Your Last Graphic

True Love Is Being A Mom GraphicCute Colorful Mushroom Graphic

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)