Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any Lawyer Mamas out there??? Need Help!!!!

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 7:59 PM
  • 6 Replies

We found out two months ago that since we moved in our apt. (July 08) that we have been paying the power bill for both apts. We called the power comp. who told us to have the landlord call them. So I called the landlord and he pretty much did nothing and acted like I was crazy...meanwhile the tenant down stairs said he will "start" giving us money. We got $100 from him in April. That is it. What about all the other months???

Do I have a case? Who do I call for help? We also just got a shutoff notice. Any advise would be great. We live in upstate NY and our power comp. is National Grid.

Thanks

by on May. 8, 2009 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mom2allboys
by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:07 PM

Bump....anyone???

PurpleNurples
by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:39 PM

WTH?  I'd be pissed, and I dont' just mean a little pissed! 

Bump

flying bunny

prestonjohn
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:58 PM

yes you do have a case but im not sure how you go about it,,i saw this type on peoples court last year

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on May. 9, 2009 at 1:44 AM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit this CafeMom Group:  

Advice for Moms

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

> The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

Sarah993
by on May. 9, 2009 at 1:50 AM

Try sending a written request to the landlord via certified mail and cc it to the power company and the tenant to the other apartment along with copies of all of your bills.  If the landlord takes no action contact your housing authority and they might be able to point you in the right direction.  You could also just contact the housing authority first and they might be able to help you through the steps you need to take, but either way make sure you do written requests via certified mail so your landlord can't say that you didn't notify him.

mom2allboys
by on May. 9, 2009 at 5:46 PM

Quoting Sarah993:

Try sending a written request to the landlord via certified mail and cc it to the power company and the tenant to the other apartment along with copies of all of your bills.  If the landlord takes no action contact your housing authority and they might be able to point you in the right direction.  You could also just contact the housing authority first and they might be able to help you through the steps you need to take, but either way make sure you do written requests via certified mail so your landlord can't say that you didn't notify him.

I didn't think about the housing authority, thank you. 

What about the local newpaper...think they would be interested??? LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)