Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help on what to put on a job application about the reason why i left my old job if........

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:17 PM
  • 18 Replies

I just quit?  What's something good to put down instead of saying I just quit?  Thanks!  

pregnancy calendar

preview image

preview image

by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
richgirljj
by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:18 PM
Did you just quit for a new job? New opportunity? To get an education?

I used to work in HR, give me something, and I can help.
BIMOM21
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2009 at 8:18 PM

I always put personal

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

alaiynasmommy
by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:20 PM

Why did you quit? Is there are particular reason..Not to be nosy... I had to quit 2 jobs I was working when I found out I was pregnant with my daughter.. .When I went back to looking for a job and filling out applications, I wrote down that I had been pregnant and stayed home with my daughter for the first few months.. Hopefully once they meet you your reason won't even matter..

kitty317
by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:21 PM

bump 

ajzuell
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2009 at 8:22 PM

Thanks!  I  quit an old job a while back.   So now i need to put down on the application for a new job why I left my past job.  I don't wanna mess up my chance by putting i up in just quit.  But I did leave the past job on good terms by giving my 2 weeks notice.  

Quoting richgirljj:

pregnancy calendar

preview image

preview image

ajzuell
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2009 at 8:22 PM

I like the way that sounds.  Do they ask what's so personal?

Quoting BIMOM21:

I always put personal

pregnancy calendar

preview image

preview image

MelaniesMama
by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:24 PM

But WHY did you quit?  Bad working environment?  not enough pay? you need to write that down.  If you had no reason for quitting then I dunno.........make something up that sounds good, but isnt lying

Quoting ajzuell:

Thanks!  I  quit an old job a while back.   So now i need to put down on the application for a new job why I left my past job.  I don't wanna mess up my chance by putting i up in just quit.  But I did leave the past job on good terms by giving my 2 weeks notice.  

Quoting richgirljj:

alaiynasmommy
by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:24 PM

Oh I had put that on a couple applications too, since my pregnancy was personal, and they did never ask me about it.. .

Quoting ajzuell:

I like the way that sounds.  Do they ask what's so personal?

Quoting BIMOM21:

I always put personal

ajzuell
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2009 at 8:25 PM

Well one time a high risk pregnancy( at the doctors 3times a week).  The other job no reason I guess didn't like the work . One more they lowered my hours bad.

Quoting alaiynasmommy:

Why did you quit? Is there are particular reason..Not to be nosy... I had to quit 2 jobs I was working when I found out I was pregnant with my daughter.. .When I went back to looking for a job and filling out applications, I wrote down that I had been pregnant and stayed home with my daughter for the first few months.. Hopefully once they meet you your reason won't even matter..

pregnancy calendar

preview image

preview image

cassie_jean
by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:25 PM

Just put new opportunity. If they call your old job all they are legally allowd to say is you quit not why (if you told them any reasons)... And if the interviwer asks you say you were offered an great opportunity with a differnt company that fell through (and if its been a while since then say you tried the stay at home mom thing and you found that you were ceraving the learning and advancing environment of a job as well as motherhood)  

baby girlEmma (8-03-08)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)