Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

YOU IDIOT!!!!!!

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:17 PM
  • 36 Replies

The nurse at the hospital was going to retract my 5 month old son's foreskin.  She's a freaking idiot.  Then after I told her not to, she was going to again.  Then, she couldn't cath. my baby.  Evidently they're handing out nursing degrees in my area.

I'm a non-married, epidural birthing, breast-milk bottle feeding, co-sleeping, delayed vaccinating, non-circumsizing, cloth diapering kinda mom.  I will stay at home, rear-face, public school, and spank if necessary.  I'm pro-choice, democratic, athiest, and all for world peace.  I support gay rights, I'm not racist, & I believe we were all created equal.  My son is my life, he makes my heart melt.  So, now that we got that outta the way...it's nice to meet you!
"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born." -Rajneesh
Trying to lose weight?  Already lost it?
Come join
Moms Helping Moms Lose Weight.

by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
saralouise
by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:18 PM

omg I would have flipped! so did they get him cathed at all?

retsillacam
by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:20 PM

I have a completely honest question, how can she cath him if she can't pull the foreskin back? Because I was under the impression it is more like a finger nail so how would she get the cath through? (not saying she should have pulled it back I am just wondering.)

CafeMom Tickers

mommysasha1988
by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:20 PM

This idiot tried twice, so I told her to stop & they got another lady who did it first try & DS didn't even cry when she did it. 

Quoting saralouise:

I'm a non-married, epidural birthing, breast-milk bottle feeding, co-sleeping, delayed vaccinating, non-circumsizing, cloth diapering kinda mom.  I will stay at home, rear-face, public school, and spank if necessary.  I'm pro-choice, democratic, athiest, and all for world peace.  I support gay rights, I'm not racist, & I believe we were all created equal.  My son is my life, he makes my heart melt.  So, now that we got that outta the way...it's nice to meet you!
Come join

mommysasha1988
by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:21 PM

You can pul it back a bit.  It's not like a fingernail, it's just skin that's attached.  You pull it back BARELY to see the hole.  She was going to pull it all the way back, which would've ripped it.

Quoting retsillacam:

I have a completely honest question, how can she cath him if she can't pull the foreskin back? Because I was under the impression it is more like a finger nail so how would she get the cath through? (not saying she should have pulled it back I am just wondering.)

Come join

retsillacam
by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:22 PM

okay, thanks!

Quoting mommysasha1988:

You can pul it back a bit.  It's not like a fingernail, it's just skin that's attached.  You pull it back BARELY to see the hole.  She was going to pull it all the way back, which would've ripped it.

Quoting retsillacam:

CafeMom Tickers

celticreverie
by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:23 PM

gah, people are so stupid! seriously. that's the problem with medical care. People aren't trained in ALL aspects. Even some pedi's know nothing about uncirced infants.

saralouise
by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:23 PM

ugh, that's good. I love it when there is someone better that can help.

Quoting mommysasha1988:

This idiot tried twice, so I told her to stop & they got another lady who did it first try & DS didn't even cry when she did it. 

Quoting saralouise:

Brooke501
by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:24 PM

When my nephew (25) was in the hospital after his appendix ruptured they had him on a morphine drip. He was still in so much pain so they had a nurses supervisor check on him and the IV of morphine was not in a vein but in his muscle so he was not getting the full relief he should have been getting.

mommysasha1988
by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:25 PM

The radiologist had to TELL her he was uncircumsized, she coudn't tell by looking.  & this hospital wants to build a big children's unit.  HA!  They can't even find a semi-decent nurse.

Quoting celticreverie:

gah, people are so stupid! seriously. that's the problem with medical care. People aren't trained in ALL aspects. Even some pedi's know nothing about uncirced infants.

Come join

mommysasha1988
by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:27 PM

That's horrible.  My 2 year old nephew was in this same hospital & blood was backing up in his IV & it took them almost an hour to get in to check it.  Then, they needed a urine sample so they had some kind of cup on his pee-pee, when we went & told them it was full they didn't come straight & get it, so all the urine spilled out.  This hospital has HORRIBLE nurses, but the best pediatricians in the area.

Quoting Brooke501:

When my nephew (25) was in the hospital after his appendix ruptured they had him on a morphine drip. He was still in so much pain so they had a nurses supervisor check on him and the IV of morphine was not in a vein but in his muscle so he was not getting the full relief he should have been getting.

Come join

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)