Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Was I wrong?

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:36 PM
  • 4 Replies

Question: Was I wrong?

Yes, he should have been able to get the truck

No, the money should be for the house.

Other, just because there is always something else.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 19

View Results

OK so we are buying a house and close in a week and a half. well DF has been on some prevailing rate work for the past month or so and there was about $800 extra from his paycheck after bills and groceries. He was going to use it to buy a truck and some spair parts for it from a guy off of craigslist. Tonight a few issues with the house came up that made us second guess the purchase, but we have decided to still buy it.

Any way I told him he was being selfish because he was so adimit about getting this truck. He has been working on his car for almost the entire past year and has put nearly $2000 into it since he got the car and he has yet to get it running right. we have my car that is reliable and is always available for him to use when he's not at work. he uses a company truck to get to and from work. so he really doesn't "NEED" this truck. But he finally agreed and called the guy to tell him he wasn't getting the truck. I did let him take the $150 that he needed to get the "last" part for his car (if it works this time).

but I feel bad because he really seemed upset that he isn't getting the truck. but we're getting a house and we need to finish the basement and put up a fence as soon as we move in so we "NEED" that money for the house. I stay at home with the kids and he's the only one working so we need to save every penny we can to get this house to where we need it to be.

My question is was I wrong to make him not get the truck and save the money for the house?

by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:39 PM

No you weren't wrong. You had to force your husband to make a choice that put the family first. The family needs a house, the family needs a basement, the family needs a fence...the only one that needed a truck was your husband. He sounds kinda selfish to me. Good thing you got him to change his mind. Hopefully he got your point.

by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2009 at 8:40 PM

Good Girl! I always have to be the bad guy around here. My husband would spend every cent. Someone needs to be the financially responsible one, you are making the biggest purchase of your life and need to prepare for the worst.

by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:52 PM

No, sometimes the men need to reminded that they can't have all their toys. My DH is like this. He is the only one that works too. I hate that he always makes me the bad guy. I do let him get stuff when we can swing it though. But he has told me that he likes making me the bad guy, meaning making me the responsible one that takes care of us.

by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:26 PM

Thanks ladies. He just makes me feel bad about having to step up and be the responsible one sometimes. He doesn't voice it all the time but he'll mope around for a day or two when he can't do or get something he wants to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)