Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

VENT ABOUT MY GAY FRIEND AND HIS BOYFRIEND.

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:47 PM
  • 12 Replies

I have a gay best friend and he's been getting on my nerves lately. Him and his SO have been together since we were Juniors in high school (23 years ago) and they are now wanting to start a family. They do not want to do adoption for fear they will more than likely not get a child, so they have asked me to be a surrogate. I've thought about it lately, even though I'm currently 15w pregnant with my 8th. Today he was starting to ANNOY me about it and I gave in and I said if they waited a year I would consider doing it. But, we got into the subjects of feeding and safety and he wants me to pump for the baby. I'm RARELY going to see this baby, and it's NOT my baby (they want a donor egg and his bf's sperm). I politely told him that I don't even pump or nurse my kids and I would not for him, and that they;re breastmilk donors if they want to go that route. Then I showed him the travel system we have and I told him it cost about $160 and he threw a total bitch fit!!! He then had the balls to say " I'm not spending $106 f*cking bucks on a car seat and stroller. We will just hold the baby when its born. There's no point in buying a car seat". He was down right serious too. Him and his SO have NO experience or ANY clues on how to raise a baby. I freaked out and told him if he was gonna raise a baby that way and puts it's innocent life in danger like that, I wasn't going to be the one to carry it around for 9 months just so it can go to parents who know NOTHING. I'm soooo pissed off about it and I wonder if I made the right choice about not being the surrogate after all.

I am a Proud Formula Feeding,Total Vaccinating, Let my kid use a pacifier until he doesn't want it, Don't raise the kids by "The Book", Total Spanking, Let Your Kids be individuals, NON LACTIVIST, I want my Epidurral Now, Going to be a C-Section Mother of 7 soon to be 8 Beautiful Children: Caitlyn, Cassidy, Caralyn (RIP), Clara, Jack, Jimmie, Jordan and Baby # 8

pregnant

by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RiyahsMommy08
by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:49 PM

Yeah saying things like that I wouldn't want to do it either. Why wouldn't he want your egg but the egg of a random donor?

itssweetness
by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:49 PM

Well all I can say is good that you found this out NOW.  HELL NO.....I would not even CONSIDER IT  now that you know the truth!

itssweetness

MommyJ0697
by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:51 PM

I have no idea why they don't want my egg. I'm just glad I don't have to do it anymore.

Quoting RiyahsMommy08:

Yeah saying things like that I wouldn't want to do it either. Why wouldn't he want your egg but the egg of a random donor?

I am a Proud Formula Feeding,Total Vaccinating, Let my kid use a pacifier until he doesn't want it, Don't raise the kids by "The Book", Total Spanking, Let Your Kids be individuals, NON LACTIVIST, I want my Epidurral Now, Going to be a C-Section Mother of 7 soon to be 8 Beautiful Children: Caitlyn, Cassidy, Caralyn (RIP), Clara, Jack, Jimmie, Jordan and Baby # 8

pregnant

gavinsmommy1013
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:02 PM

well i think it's great that you were going to do it, it takes a special kind of woman to do something so selfless for someone. with that said, i dont think that they have any idea what taking care of a child entails. i would be very scared to hand over a child i carried, even though it was not technically mine, to someone who was not going to take good care of it. their maturity level is obviously not where it should be because any grown man should know how to care for a child. i also want to point out that most gay men who have children are great , responsible, and informed parents who take it very seriously and it's too bad that there are men out there who may make them all look bad.

iluvmypreemies
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:22 PM

That make sense to me. I mean if you are a friend they may not want you to have a total attachment to this child. Even though you are giving birth to it, it would not be your child. KWIM?

Quoting MommyJ0697:

I have no idea why they don't want my egg. I'm just glad I don't have to do it anymore.

Quoting RiyahsMommy08:

purple ribbon
Lupus Awarness                         

MommyJ0697
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:51 PM

Yes, I do. They have no clue on how to raise a baby and I'm glad I've backed out. Whether it's mine biologically or not, I want to protect that baby's life. I'm hoping they learn how to parent some time soon.

Quoting iluvmypreemies:

That make sense to me. I mean if you are a friend they may not want you to have a total attachment to this child. Even though you are giving birth to it, it would not be your child. KWIM?

Quoting MommyJ0697:

Quoting RiyahsMommy08:

pregnant

pisces_chick89
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:54 PM

tell him you MIGHT consider it IF they make a concious effort to learn about parenting..meaning books,and classes,and showing them why you need a fucking car seat...and tell them the hospital wont you leave with out one anyway...

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll253/apnoack1980/vintagepinups/PINUP-5.gif

BIMOM21
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2009 at 9:56 PM

Exactly. Like maybe they can take some parenting classes or something.

Quoting pisces_chick89:

tell him you MIGHT consider it IF they make a concious effort to learn about parenting..meaning books,and classes,and showing them why you need a fucking car seat...and tell them the hospital wont you leave with out one anyway...

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

single_mommie24
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:58 PM

WHat does he mean there is no need for a carseat? You cant take a baby out of the hospital without a carseat.

pisces_chick89
by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:01 PM

just remember they are two men..men in themselves have little natural parenting skills....they need to learn this stuff and why..from children we are conditioned by societie on how to take care of a baby...hell they make carseats for baby dolls now and strollers..they need to know why these things are important

Quoting BIMOM21:

Exactly. Like maybe they can take some parenting classes or something.

Quoting pisces_chick89:

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll253/apnoack1980/vintagepinups/PINUP-5.gif

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)