Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To all the wedding loving hippies

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:13 PM
  • 4 Replies

Alright ladies. I know a lot of us love to see each other's wedding pictures and read about the different ideas we had. Here's where I need your help. My sister wants to renew her vows for her 10th year anniversary. I don't know their budget or anything their wanting to do. So lets hear some ideas, see pictures, if you don't mind discussing your budget. What you got for what price. Anything wedding related. I know this is not a drama story but all the help I can get will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Carolbrady100
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:19 PM

I dont have any ideas, but I'd like to hear some. I'm getting married in August.

Brooke501
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:19 PM

Since it is a renewal they do not need a minister or any clergy to do the ceremony. They could just do their own vows and say them in front of friends and family or they could have a friend preside over them. It might be kinda cool to get the person who introduced them or was there when they were first starting to date. They can also have friends do the pictures. They could invite people to bring the music that they enjoyed at their own weddings. Just some ideas. 

thurbese
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:20 PM

Thank you very much. We were going back and forth on the minister thing. We didn't know whether she needed one or not. Thanks for the advice and ideas.

Quoting Brooke501:

Since it is a renewal they do not need a minister or any clergy to do the ceremony. They could just do their own vows and say them in front of friends and family or they could have a friend preside over them. It might be kinda cool to get the person who introduced them or was there when they were first starting to date. They can also have friends do the pictures. They could invite people to bring the music that they enjoyed at their own weddings. Just some ideas. 

FDNYwife
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:43 PM

ROSES ROSES ROSES - One of the cheaper flowers..

Heres my sisters

I also joined http://www.liweddings.com/ and loved it - learned so much!  If your not from LI it doesnt even matter!  There are message boards and I swear theyre better than theknot.com

I am not one to haggle - Im actually very shy, but I went to one catering hall got a price, then went to another, told them what price the other offered me and theyd go lower, then Id move to to next and got an unheard of price fo rmy area!  Also got a bunch of things thrown in for free.

I dont know how much money they can spend, but disposable cameras with a flash are a great idea for the tables.

On the invites you can ask their favorite songs to create a play list..

Favors - easiest thing - make a donation to a charity..

My sister went all out and collected a wedding picture from each couple and displayed them - It was SO cool seeing everyones pictures...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)