Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i just don't know anymore.. need opinions!

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:37 PM
  • 3 Replies

I have known SO since we were kids. We have been dating for 2 1/2 years and have been living together for over 2 years. We moved from Pa to Ohio so he could go to school to make a better life for us. Now I am going to school out here to.. after i get out of school (Next June) we plan to move home to Pa.

He has been pretty distant lately.. so i asked him. Do you think you will love me forever? and be able to live with me for the rest of your life? and he says to me.. i can't predict the future.. i don't believe anyone should know weather or not they will love someone the rest of their lives. So i say.. "its a feeling your supposed to get when you really love someone like omg they are the one for me" and again he said he doesn't believe in that.

i think he just doesn't feel it with me.. and after living with me for so long.. he still doesn't know if he can stand to live with me forever.. or he still doesn't feel whatever your supposed to feel. whatever.. i don't know how to word it but i hope you know what i mean.

so my question is.. is this normal??? should i wait for him until he "knows"?? how long was it till you knew??? or do you think i'm waisting my time??

now before you all say.. don't let strangers judge your life.. i'm not. i'm just asking.. because i think something is wrong here and its not normal.. and i just have a bad feeling about it all.

i just want other people's perspective on this.

thanks for your responses.

by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Katenemsmom
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:44 PM

My husband and I lived together for three years before we got married and we have been married for almost ten years.  Some years were harder than others.  I specifically remember our second year living together as a year where I had a lot of doubts.  The honeymoon is over and that initial excitement is not there.  Don't give up just because he is having a bad day or even if he is having some doubts.   Any relationship is work and sometimes you will need to put in a little more effort in order for it to work.  Between school, work, motherhood, and everything else your life is probably pretty full right now.  Take some time for just the two of you and don't forget to look good for your man.  Congrats on finishing school! 

noahscott
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:46 PM

thanks!

anyone else??? please?? i would really like other input on this! 

TaraJJones
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:50 PM

I agree with katenemsmom!! I've been married for just over 7 years and we've been together about 8 1/2 years.. things will get better.. Especially if your relationship is a little harder with kid(s).. :0)  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)