Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ARgh so annoyed.....husbands whole company is on lockdown!!!

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:00 PM
  • 5 Replies

WEll two pieces of equipment are missing from his company and are "big security risk:" so because of this they have all been on lockdown since yesterday and aren't even able to call us (found out from frg leader)  I'm just mad because we had plans for this weekend but since some idiot stole them (they had to how can they lose something that important) and isn't speaking out..................some people in the military make everyone else look bad.....sorry just had to let tht out feel a bit better now......so has anyone experiences their husbands or yourselves been in these situations and for how long did they last

by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
JMVITT
by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:06 PM

I'm sorry.  I have never been in that situation before.  I hope whoever stole the equipment speaks up so everyone can go home. 

anikahaynes1
by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:10 PM

its happend to me before, i didnt personally do this but my husband came home and said a bunch of wives kept calling in and complaining so they got let go, but were still in deep shit until that stuff was found. good luck and so sorry i know how much that sucks!

Prdmomof2boys85
by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:11 PM

Ditto, I also have never been in a situation like this at work, but hope your hubby gets home soon. I have been in lockdown situations at schools. but generally within a few hours they let us go.  Of course these lockdowns had different reasons.  Best wishes!

Quoting JMVITT:

I'm sorry.  I have never been in that situation before.  I hope whoever stole the equipment speaks up so everyone can go home. 

nemiller
by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:13 PM

that happened at my husband's work (he's military, too) a couple months ago.  turns out, the asshat who claimed the equipment got stolen forgot that he had it in his car.  he only figured this out after their gunny demanded that everybody's car be searched.... after hours of yelling at everybody about what theives they were.  he's gone now, thank god.

i hope that they find the equipment soon so your husband can come home.

Moyzila
by Member on May. 8, 2009 at 10:58 PM

Something slightly similar happened to my DH and his comapny back a couple years ago. The came back home after being gone for a year and they were turning in their weapons in before they can go se they're families. Well someone realize they didn't have their weapon, so everyone whose turned in their weapons already.. had to help find it and no one could go to the auditorium till the weapon was found. It took about anywhere between 10 - 20 minutes. May not be that much, but it seemed longer than that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)