Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

May I talk to the boss????

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:22 PM
  • 12 Replies
Well yesterday i was at home taking care of my little ones and i heard a nock on my door, well lets say i didn't have time to get ready because i wasn't expecting anyone and i wasn't planning to leave the house at that moment...so i was still in my pj bottoms and my hair was a little messy , plus I had no bra on because i had just toke it off to put it on the washing machine(and believe me my boobs are what can i say .... down there!!!) so anyways...i decided to see who it was, i didn't open the door completely since i was not dressed appropriately...well to my surprise was a man...i will say he wasn't older than 26 and he looked at me and the next thing he asks..is : MAY I TALK TO THE BOSS!!!" WTH????? well i know i was not dressed and i was looking kind of sloppy but who are you to ask something like that as if i was a maid...and even if i was that was still kind of rude don't u think??? who here didn't have a day that you didn't feel like brushing your hair because your 8 month old didn't sleep good because of separation anxiety???? well i need to know who else experience something like that...
So today for mother's day and my birthday i went to do my nails....i will be doing my hair tonight and shaving my legs...yeahhh just because a dude called me a maid!!!! that sux man...

by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 8, 2009 at 10:24 PM

Where do you live that everyone has maids? LOL.... I always got "may i talk to your parents?" when i lived at my dads  house .  That is just crazy that someone would say that to you.

Mommy_Gi
by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:29 PM

Well i live in a townhouse...the funny thing is i was a housecleaner before having my kids and i would clean this huge houses and people never asked me if i was the maid...but in my own home he had the courage...i was so mad i looked at him and said very loudly... I AM THE BOSS..heheh which is true..heheh

Quoting frndlyfn:

Where do you live that everyone has maids? LOL.... I always got "may i talk to your parents?" when i lived at my dads  house .  That is just crazy that someone would say that to you.

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2009 at 10:34 PM

You made me laugh.....I panic when the doorbell rings and I'm not dressed! I have to admit that there have been several times where I did not answer it...how vain am I?!

Brijake0306
by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:38 PM

Maybe by "the boss" he meant owner of the house, or the person that makes decisions regarding anything to do with the house. Maybe you look young and he thought you weren't that person. IDK.

Mommy_Gi
by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:33 PM

Thank you for the young part..hahah but thats even worst if he thinks just because i am a woman that i can't make decisions in the house....but i do know what you mean!!!! And believe me i do not look that young...i wished

Quoting Brijake0306:

Maybe by "the boss" he meant owner of the house, or the person that makes decisions regarding anything to do with the house. Maybe you look young and he thought you weren't that person. IDK.

maynaysmom
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2009 at 11:38 PM

this made me lol!

When we first moved into our new house, my dog escaped and got in my neighbors yard.  he is a very rude old man and came BEATING on my door at 4 am one morning.  he was very rude and when I opened the door asked if my mom was home?  That just infuriated me even more!!!  i said yeah probably...in HER HOME!!! 

sami71
by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:47 PM

Quoting Mommy_Gi:

Well yesterday i was at home taking care of my little ones and i heard a nock on my door, well lets say i didn't have time to get ready because i wasn't expecting anyone and i wasn't planning to leave the house at that moment...so i was still in my pj bottoms and my hair was a little messy , plus I had no bra on because i had just toke it off to put it on the washing machine(and believe me my boobs are what can i say .... down there!!!) so anyways...i decided to see who it was, i didn't open the door completely since i was not dressed appropriately...well to my surprise was a man...i will say he wasn't older than 26 and he looked at me and the next thing he asks..is : MAY I TALK TO THE BOSS!!!" WTH????? well i know i was not dressed and i was looking kind of sloppy but who are you to ask something like that as if i was a maid...and even if i was that was still kind of rude don't u think??? who here didn't have a day that you didn't feel like brushing your hair because your 8 month old didn't sleep good because of separation anxiety???? well i need to know who else experience something like that...
So today for mother's day and my birthday i went to do my nails....i will be doing my hair tonight and shaving my legs...yeahhh just because a dude called me a maid!!!! that sux man...

sami71
by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:53 PM

Yes I do agree we do give men too much power over us - even STRANGERS.  It's good to look nice but don't sweat it and don't apologise.  I just took my kid to a birthday party - don't remember ever meeting the moms and dads - with a big fat zit on my nose, hair not done, and no makeup on. Did you ever see that new reality show about real beauty (inner).  

cutebaby06
by Monica on May. 8, 2009 at 11:57 PM

Maybe he was just mking a funny?

bubbasmom0917
by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:58 PM

i was probably 7-8 months preggo and the maintenance for housing was coming over. i hear the knock, open the door, and the man says " is your parents home?" i said i am fixing to be the parent, but if you want to talk to my mom she will be here in a few months. i would see him ever so often on base and he would always ask about my mom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)