Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Divorce in Illinois

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:27 PM
  • 12 Replies

If you and soon to be ex agree on everything, do you need to have an attorney?  So far, he's being civil about visitation and splitting bills and so on, but do you have to have an attorney if you have a child?

by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Carrie06
by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:29 PM

Sorry NO clue but here is a bump

nanaT2
by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:30 PM

You can go to the courthouse, get the paperwork to fill out, you both sign it and set a date for a hearing. So NO you don't!!! It's great when you don't have to pay for an attorneys country club membership, lol... 

Jademom07
by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:31 PM

Quoting nanaT2:

You can go to the courthouse, get the paperwork to fill out, you both sign it and set a date for a hearing. So NO you don't!!! It's great when you don't have to pay for an attorneys country club membership, lol... 

LOL, I know what you mean, retainer is $2000 to start with, for me that's a load of money

CSRodriguez
by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:33 PM

I live in Il  I got a divorce      we   wrote down every thing    and  it was final in  3 weeks   that was  in 93 

I hope it hasn't changed  

Photobucket
kmsmommy430
by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:35 PM

i believe you do if there is children involved

carol119
by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:35 PM

I do believe you have to have one.  I also know that you have to be seperated phyiscally for atleast 6 months before your divorce can be filed.  That was back in 2001.  Call a attorney's office or you can call the clerks office and they might be able to help you.  Yes I live in Illinois and did a divorce back in 2001.

nanaT2
by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:36 PM

Well good luck, I do hope you can stay on a good basis for the sake of the babies. It's hard at times, but helps if you start on the right foot. Oh and I'm from Charleston, IL.. 

First_One_8_18
by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:36 PM

What county are you in? I have an AWESOME lawyer if you end up deciding you want one.

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” ~Mahatma Ghandi

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday TickerPregnancy ticker

Jademom07
by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:37 PM

Quoting First_One_8_18:

What county are you in? I have an AWESOME lawyer if you end up deciding you want one.

Clark

Jademom07
by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:38 PM

Quoting nanaT2:

Well good luck, I do hope you can stay on a good basis for the sake of the babies. It's hard at times, but helps if you start on the right foot. Oh and I'm from Charleston, IL.. 

I hope we do too.  She needs her daddy and I hope he can realize that I would never use her as a tug of war rope.  Casey Il here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)