Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What the BIBLE says about NATIONAL PRAYER DAY

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:55 PM
  • 49 Replies

This is the BIBLE'S (supposedly God's word) stance on National Prayer Day in the White House (praying in public) :

Matthew 6:5

And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.   

Matthew 6:6

But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

So, in reality, this day shouldn't exist in the first place - according to the ye ol' Bible.

by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HeatherMae55
by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:57 PM

LMAO!!!  So, all those people who were pissed off at President Obama didn't even know their scripture??  Who knew?

Blame Straight Peopleprochoice.jpg pro choice image by thekiltedyaksmen

MsJoa
by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:58 PM

Exactly.

Quoting HeatherMae55:

LMAO!!!  So, all those people who were pissed off at President Obama didn't even know their scripture??  Who knew?

LaurenCrise
by on May. 9, 2009 at 12:02 AM

I like that.

Kays_Mama06
by on May. 9, 2009 at 12:02 AM

Real "Christians" wouldn't be upset by any of it.

They'd keep on praying everyday like they would usually do.

You don't need a day to glorify something/someone.. That should be done everyday.  

goodson_2008
by on May. 9, 2009 at 12:03 AM

And what Bible did you get that from??????

Wife to the most wonderful,brave military man Josh and proud Mommy to my sweet little boy Jayden :)

MsJoa
by on May. 9, 2009 at 12:03 AM

bow down

Quoting LaurenCrise:

I like that.

mrsmoore02
by on May. 9, 2009 at 12:05 AM
I'm guessing King James Edition by the way it sounds...

Quoting goodson_2008:

MsJoa
by on May. 9, 2009 at 12:07 AM

I honestly couldn't tell you. But if you don't believe that it's from the Bible, go look it up yourself.

Quoting goodson_2008:

4LifeTupperware
by on May. 9, 2009 at 12:08 AM
Really what that means, is that you are not to be standing on the street screaming it at people, that prayer is for you and God, and not all the time is it to be heard by everyone with in ear shout.

The National Day of Prayer is not forcing anyone to pray that doens't want too. You can turn the TV off or watch something else, you don't have to enter a chruch or anything else on that day.

God would never drag you into something you don't want to do... that's why it's a choice everyone has to make on there own.

Melanie, Wife for 15 years and a Mom, to 14 year old daughter, 10 year old son, 3 year old son, 15 month old son and two angel babies that would also be 15 months old "Only one life, will soon be passed, only what's done for Christ will last." 

goodson_2008
by on May. 9, 2009 at 12:09 AM

Quoting MsJoa:

I honestly couldn't tell you. But if you don't believe that it's from the Bible, go look it up yourself.

Quoting goodson_2008:

I belive you but I was just wondering because mine says different, I'm trying to find my Bible, I have not unpacked all the boxes from moving, so hopefully I can find it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)