Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Nudist camps/colonies and children

Posted by on May. 12, 2009 at 3:49 PM
  • 26 Replies

Poll

Question: What are your thoughts on parents who bring their children up as nudists?

Options:

nothing wrong with it.

DISCUSTING they should be arested and the kids taken away

depends on how it is done

all nudists are sicko perverts

Nudist places are not a bad thing it just show people to not be ashamped of their body and many kids raised as nudists don't see the body as a sexual toy that is forbiden like most people

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 76

View Results

What are your thoughts on parents who bring their children up as nudists?

by on May. 12, 2009 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gypsy_rose
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2009 at 3:54 PM

BTW i was just wondering because i know a few nudist families. I know for a fact they have NEVER touched their kids in a bad way, and they are always with their kids at the camps. I personaly have nothing against it IF IT IS DONE RESPONSIBLY i think it can teach the kids not to see the body as some forbid in fruit. 4 of the kids are over 18 and 2 are maried and had sex the first time with their spouce, 1 had sex with one person and the other has not had sex. they tell me they just don't think seeing a naked body is a big deal and it's only flesh.

HeatherMae55
by on May. 12, 2009 at 3:54 PM

that's funny that people think they should have their kid taken away.. all they do is walk around naked, nothing wrong or sexual about that, and those that do think it sexual maybe have some issues themselves. 

It's also interesting that I've never heard anything bad come out of a person who is in a nudist colony, but PLENTY bad come out of a religious "group"..

Blame Straight Peopleprochoice.jpg pro choice image by thekiltedyaksmendefault.jpg leagalize dont pentalize marijuana image by earlsworld70117

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2009 at 3:55 PM

I don't see anything wrong with it. While we are not "nudists", my children often see me naked. I don't want them to grow up being ashamed of their bodies.

As with a lot of things, the bigger deal you make of something the more preoccupied people become. So, a naked body will not be only a sexual thing if children grow up seeing it. 

celticreverie
by on May. 12, 2009 at 3:57 PM

The human body is not something to be ashamed of. It's beautiful and natural.

Nudists, in colonies or who are just nudists at home, do not harm their children. Nudity is just a way of life and it's normal for them. Their children will grow up to feel that it's normal and the human body is nothing to be ashamed of :)

Nudists do where clothing, albeit limited, when they go into regular public areas lol. So their kids would also learn where it is innappropriate to wander around naked.

I see nothing wrong with that lifestyle choice. :)

gypsy_rose
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2009 at 3:57 PM

you know...your right i have never heared of an abused child in a nudist colony...HUH!

Quoting HeatherMae55:

that's funny that people think they should have their kid taken away.. all they do is walk around naked, nothing wrong or sexual about that, and those that do think it sexual maybe have some issues themselves. 

It's also interesting that I've never heard anything bad come out of a person who is in a nudist colony, but PLENTY bad come out of a religious "group"..

SunnyJoJo
by on May. 12, 2009 at 3:57 PM

I'm not really seeing a huge deal with it. I mean I'm not gonna raise my kid like that but I don't really mind how other people do it. It's not like nudist means child molester. I saw one thing (no kids though) about nudist colonies and all of them seemed so happy and free more power to them ya know.

Aislinn
by on May. 12, 2009 at 3:58 PM

A dear friend of mine dated a girl whose family were nudists. She was an extremely sweet girl. Not crazy, out of control etc. It was a way of life, period. It was a little odd for Seth when he went to meet the Rents, at the NUDIST colony. lol

shabby.chic

This is exactly how I feel about it.

Thanks goodness we aren't all raised in cookie-cutter families-how boring would that be? Being a nudist is not a sexual lifestyle, and it's so silly to think kids are endangered if they are raised that way.

Quoting JulyBabies:

I don't see anything wrong with it. While we are not "nudists", my children often see me naked. I don't want them to grow up being ashamed of their bodies.

As with a lot of things, the bigger deal you make of something the more preoccupied people become. So, a naked body will not be only a sexual thing if children grow up seeing it. 

God loves everyone, but probably prefers 'fruits of the spirit' over 'religious nuts'.
He who angers you controls you.
God promises a safe landing, not a calm passage.
God Himself does not propose to judge a man until he is dead.  So why should you?

MadsMom04

I have a friend whos parents belong to a nudist colony. Its basically a campground set waaay back in the woods. Im not really sure how i feel about it. Im such a paranoid person, as far as child molestors go. So i dont think id have my children naked around other people that are naked. 

iheartmyshaman
by on May. 12, 2009 at 3:59 PM

I walk around naked in front of my daughters.  My fiance wears boxers in front of them but we're in our birthday suits whenever possible.  We sleep naked.  Our daughters sleep in their diapers in their beds.  It is more comfortable for them, and for us. 

Of course when they are older, in front of my husband, they will need to be dressed for the sake of propriety.  But right now, they are children and they have nothing to be ashamed of.  Someday they will have bodies like mine, but not now.  I don't want them sexualizing breasts and such like so many people do today, staring and pointing at breastfeeding women, or oogling at a man's bare chest while he's jogging because they've never seen it before.  If they want to scamper around the house naked, more power to them!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN