Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

how much do you get in foodstamps

Posted by   + Show Post

we just got approved for food stamps . and we will be getting 508 a month for 3 people. we have no pin for our card so we can't use it until we call monday. i have tried to call and set the pin but it says the bday does not match. o well    so i was just wondering how any people you have in your family and how much you get each month ?

Edit: Oct 17, 2012. so people stop saying i am pathetic and should be fixed. we have not had any type of assistance since 2010

by on May. 16, 2009 at 12:22 PM
Replies (21-30):
Jennifer_236
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2009 at 12:37 PM

we get close to 300 for a family of 3 and then I'm pregnant too I'm in cali

chrissi0103
by on May. 16, 2009 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this

How the heck do you make it on $145 a month?

Quoting babyjohnsmommy:

what do you people buy that you need to spend so much money on in a month....IM NOT BASHING i just want to know, we make it work on 145. if we want extras then we go buy it but its never much. maybe i dont cook enough but i make home made most of the week.

jacobsmommy122
by on May. 16, 2009 at 12:38 PM

darn! my DH is the only one working and he brings home around 1800/month(after taxes) and we only get 150/month in FS! our rent(2br apt) is 830/month plus electric and gas and car insurance. we end up being able to pay just that. we dont have any $ for food so we get $150 worth of food per month to feed me(im pregnant) my 2 year old son and my DH. its not enough at all. the most a family of 3 could get in Delaware is like 500ish.

kthruz143
by Kerrie on May. 16, 2009 at 12:38 PM

Quoting chrissi0103:

Quoting babyjohnsmommy:

what do you people buy that you need to spend so much money on in a month....IM NOT BASHING i just want to know, we make it work on 145. if we want extras then we go buy it but its never much. maybe i dont cook enough but i make home made most of the week.

i could not make it of of 145 dollars a month that is nowhere near enough

babyjohnsmommy
by on May. 16, 2009 at 12:39 PM

im wondering the same thing right now after seeing how much you all spend of grocery! lol

Quoting chrissi0103:

Quoting babyjohnsmommy:

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker
kthruz143
by Kerrie on May. 16, 2009 at 12:41 PM

Quoting babyjohnsmommy:

im wondering the same thing right now after seeing how much you all spend of grocery! lol

Quoting chrissi0103:

Quoting babyjohnsmommy:

does your ds eat table food yet

chrissi0103
by on May. 16, 2009 at 12:42 PM

I can make it on about $140 every two weeks, but that was before food stamps and we weren't eating full meals every night! So now I will be able to spend about $120 a week and cook every night. I'm sure there will be some left over which is always great! I'm so thankful we got something to help us. I see that it's only you and your dh right? So that might be how your making it? lol i don't know! lol

Quoting babyjohnsmommy:

Quoting chrissi0103:

Quoting babyjohnsmommy:

jacobsmommy122

my DH dont even eat our food most of the time cuz he is working and it is still really hard to make 150/month last with my 2yo and me being pregnant.

Quoting babyjohnsmommy:

Quoting chrissi0103:

Quoting babyjohnsmommy:

babyjohnsmommy

it would be nice to replenish our fruit and vegges a little more mid month. i guess im so thankful for what we get i never thought about it. before Obama did the stimulus thing we were only getting $87!

Quoting babyjohnsmommy:

Quoting chrissi0103:

Quoting babyjohnsmommy:

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker
jmlgb

My best friend gets $750 a month, family of 5.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)