Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Taco meat stain removal

Posted by on May. 20, 2009 at 1:10 PM
  • 24 Replies

We had tacos the other night & my son was wearing a cream colored shirt & dropped a big clump of seasoned taco meat right on his belly - big old orangy greasy taco stain on his shirt.  I soaked it in Oxyclean - didn't work - sprayed it with Spray & Wash Max with Resolve - washed it - didn't work.  I have not put it in the dryer, so hopefully it's not set.  Does anyone have ANY idea of how to get the stain out?  It does have a khaki green frog on it, and it is cream color, not white, so I'm not sure if I spot treated it with bleach water if it would work.  Any ideas you stain gurus????

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
by on May. 20, 2009 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jessdamian77
by on May. 20, 2009 at 1:11 PM

You can just bleach the whole thing. It wont turn white. I bleach my daughters cream stuff all the time

Supervane
by Platinum Member on May. 20, 2009 at 1:13 PM

Sounds like the grease and seasoning stained it. Treat it like a grease stain.

Personally for grease stains I always put salt on them immediately after the stain happens. I dont know if it would work if you already washed it. But its worth a shot if you hand wash it

ksinclair
by on May. 20, 2009 at 1:15 PM

Quoting jessdamian77:

You can just bleach the whole thing. It wont turn white. I bleach my daughters cream stuff all the time

It's not a solid colored shirt.  It has a khaki green appliqued frog, trim & writing on it.  Maybe I will try just spot cleaning with bleach water.

alaiynasmommy
by on May. 20, 2009 at 1:16 PM

oxyclean!

We're expecting #2!!! DUE NOV. '09!  

Sincerely, Kristina, Josh, Alaina, and baby #2!

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on May. 20, 2009 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Dawn Dish Soap!

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

Kmzem
by New Member on May. 19, 2017 at 2:49 PM
I dropped taco meat on my lt blue tshirt. I took a wet wipe (closest thing) and wiped it. I then used spray and wash on it and washed it. It's air drying now. Stain still there. Now what can I do?
got2boys
by Member on May. 19, 2017 at 11:02 PM
Try hand sanitizer it works for alot of stains, or peroxide it works to
Bmat
by Emerald Member on May. 20, 2017 at 9:32 AM

I read that cumin stain, which I think is an ingredient in taco seasoning, can best be removed with oil or alcohol. So you could try these. I suspect since it has been washed already that it is set in. :(

BeautifulMomof1
by Member on May. 20, 2017 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Dawn dish soap and baking soda . .
calsmom62
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2017 at 7:00 AM
Id try dawn dish detergent and a toothbrush, applied from the back of the shirt you mught try baking soda mixed in too.. rinse from the back if the shirt too.. commercial taco mixes in the envelopes like Old El Paso have food coloring when combined with grease stain really well..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)