Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Taco meat stain removal

Posted by on May. 20, 2009 at 1:10 PM
  • 5 Replies

We had tacos the other night & my son was wearing a cream colored shirt & dropped a big clump of seasoned taco meat right on his belly - big old orangy greasy taco stain on his shirt.  I soaked it in Oxyclean - didn't work - sprayed it with Spray & Wash Max with Resolve - washed it - didn't work.  I have not put it in the dryer, so hopefully it's not set.  Does anyone have ANY idea of how to get the stain out?  It does have a khaki green frog on it, and it is cream color, not white, so I'm not sure if I spot treated it with bleach water if it would work.  Any ideas you stain gurus????

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
by on May. 20, 2009 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jessdamian77
by on May. 20, 2009 at 1:11 PM

You can just bleach the whole thing. It wont turn white. I bleach my daughters cream stuff all the time

Supervane
by Platinum Member on May. 20, 2009 at 1:13 PM

Sounds like the grease and seasoning stained it. Treat it like a grease stain.

Personally for grease stains I always put salt on them immediately after the stain happens. I dont know if it would work if you already washed it. But its worth a shot if you hand wash it

ksinclair
by on May. 20, 2009 at 1:15 PM

Quoting jessdamian77:

You can just bleach the whole thing. It wont turn white. I bleach my daughters cream stuff all the time

It's not a solid colored shirt.  It has a khaki green appliqued frog, trim & writing on it.  Maybe I will try just spot cleaning with bleach water.

alaiynasmommy
by on May. 20, 2009 at 1:16 PM

oxyclean!

We're expecting #2!!! DUE NOV. '09!  

Sincerely, Kristina, Josh, Alaina, and baby #2!

wickedfiress
by on May. 20, 2009 at 1:17 PM

Dawn Dish Soap!

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)