Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Parents and children bathing together

Posted by on May. 22, 2009 at 9:25 PM
  • 95 Replies

I just saw a post about children of opposite sex bathing together.  It made me think of another question and that is how parents feel about bathing with their children.  If you think it's ok, what would be an appropriate age to stop?  Dad with children or just mom or it doesn't matter?  Tub or shower?  If you think that it's inappropriate...why?  Just curious.

by on May. 22, 2009 at 9:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ziggy-Stardust
by on May. 22, 2009 at 9:26 PM

I shower with my two year old and so does my husband.. Just shower and not everytime. Im not sure when we will stop.

If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

Fit_Momma_Of_2
by on May. 22, 2009 at 9:26 PM

Well I think it's time to stop when your kids start noticing body parts or either you or they are uncomfortable with it. My son is 3 and I still shower with him. He doesnt care about anything else except having me in there to play with him.

kriss1023
by Gold Member on May. 22, 2009 at 9:29 PM

For my house its all inappropriate. My Skids are 10 an 11 though!! When SD was young, Dh wouldnt give her a bath. He didnt potty train her either. and any where he went with them he had a female go with him just in case she needed to go. He was constantly having caseworkers from cps doing inspections,  he was a single dad and cause of the situation involving him getting the kids in the first place. But he didnt want to take any chances.

damionsmama
by on May. 22, 2009 at 9:31 PM

yep. My son is 3 also i bathe with him all the time, and so did his dad before he went to iraq. When he starts pointing out differences then itll be time to stop.

Quoting Fit_Momma_Of_2:

Well I think it's time to stop when your kids start noticing body parts or either you or they are uncomfortable with it. My son is 3 and I still shower with him. He doesnt care about anything else except having me in there to play with him.

two4one
by Ruby Member on May. 22, 2009 at 9:33 PM

The shower is the only time I get to be alone (well, except for occasionally with DH, lol). I don't take my girls in with me. And we certainly never had them in with DH.

Mom of twins

Peyton and Mackenzie~11/22/04

Do Not Breed or Buy Labels

wesleysmom08
by on May. 22, 2009 at 9:33 PM

My husband and my son shower together. My son is almost 15 months. Im not to sure when my husband will want to stop showering with our son, but I leave that up to him. I dont know what we are going to do when the new baby is born...

new baby
cba4a
by on May. 22, 2009 at 9:33 PM

I usually give my daughter, she's 2 1/2 a bath on her own but when we're in a rush I'll shower with her.  The other day she pointed at my chest asking what are those???  I think it's time for us to keep it separated:)

Butterfly07Mama
by on May. 22, 2009 at 9:34 PM

i bath with my son everytime i give him a bath cause he wants me there to play with him,he has alo of toys but loves wen mommy plays along. i dont see anything wrong with it tell they start noticing and pointing out body parts then i will stop and sit on the outside of the tub.

AmberDR
by on May. 22, 2009 at 9:34 PM

I bathe with dd every night, but she is only 8 months.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
lovemymarine306
by on May. 22, 2009 at 9:36 PM

i would personally never do it because i have clear memories of taking a shower with my parents as a toddler and those are images that i do not want to burn into my kid's heads..lol.  and if my mom wasn't so lax about stuff like that when i was a child (she would walk around naked in the early mornings) then i probably wouldn't be so negative about it.  but thats life...lol

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)