• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

'Natural' birth vs birth using 'Drugs'

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:02 AM
  • 23 Replies

OK, so I have seen several of these post.  They tend to get very nasty with lots of name calling, scare tactics from both sides, and lots of haters.  I don't see why they get this way.  I try to respond politely on these post.  I state my reasons for such and state the facts.  I had 3 babies in the hospital.  All 3 were with an epidural.  One I had some drug in the IV.  The epi messed up my back and I would never do it again if I was to birth in the hospital again.  My last 2 were born 'natural' and 'drug-free' at home.  This is my preference for my future births.  This is what I want.

Can't we all just be civil toward one another?  Some women won't choose what others would.  Some would freak if they were faced with a drug-free home birth.  I would 'freak' if I was being forced into another hospital birth.  We can't force our opinions on each other, but we definately won't get anything across to anyone else by being negative, hateful and trying to scare them into it.

girl giving flower                    Happy Outgoing Mothers Enjoy 

Schooling Children Home Out Of Love  =  HOMESCHOOL

by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RiyahsMommy08
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:04 AM

Quoting kcangel63:

OK, so I have seen several of these post.  They tend to get very nasty with lots of name calling, scare tactics from both sides, and lots of haters.  I don't see why they get this way.  I try to respond politely on these post.  I state my reasons for such and state the facts.  I had 3 babies in the hospital.  All 3 were with an epidural.  One I had some drug in the IV.  The epi messed up my back and I would never do it again if I was to birth in the hospital again.  My last 2 were born 'natural' and 'drug-free' at home.  This is my preference for my future births.  This is what I want.

If you know this, why would you make the same post?

mommy2be1121
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:05 AM

True that lol!! This is the way i think of it! I BF you FF i ERF you FF I dont CIO you CIO!! Not everyone does the sme things are you so get the hell over it lol!! Sorry i just get so tired of all those stupid postes with woman shoving there opinions down others throats!!

KareemsMami
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:05 AM

Some people are just complete asses and think they're right and that's that. And if you don't agree with them you must be the devil or just a complete moron with no common sense.

Bah!

Anywho, I had this drug called Sadol (sp?) in my IV. I was watching A baby story on TLC and saw the lady get it so I asked for it because I wanted to go without an epidural. Got to 8cm and I couldn't take the contractions so I got the epidural. :[ Next time I'm going to try ALL natural! But good for you on doing it at home where you're comfortable.

Mommy To A Wonderful Little Man

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

user521
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:06 AM

Did you use the Bradley Method?

CafeMom Tickers
CarterMommy
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:07 AM

it's like that with every "drama" topic. everyone feels their way is the "RIGHT" way

i am a strong advocate for at least TRYING to go all natural but i know that most people don't feel that way

i have had my 2 boys in the hospital with no epi and no iv drugs and wouldn't do it any other way... of course i have pretty quick labors and i know it's not something that everyone would do

anywho - i agree that it's silly to agrue over it  

GreenEyePixie
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2009 at 12:07 AM

I wish I could have had a natural birth. I had to have a c-section and the epidural hurt so bad, nearly killed me, and my back now spasms at times. I really don't want to go through that again. When I get pregnant again I really want to find someone who will let me birth naturally. But IMO the drugs are there and if a mom wants to use them it is her choice and her right. Doesn't make her any less of a mom!!

bribribri
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:09 AM

I wouldn't want anyone to be forced into any type of birth situation that is not medically warranted.

Personally, I had my son in the hospital, with an epidural, and pitocin to speed up the process. I don't really think that the pitocin was necessary because when I got to the hospital my water had broken and I was 1cm further dilated than I had been that morning. (4cm total) But when all was said and done, I had my son only 3 hours after my water broke, only had to push through 3 contractions, and couldn't feel a thing. I loved it. Even though I know that was a stroke of unbelieveably good luck, as most women don't have it that easy for their first birth, I also know that when I have more children I will choose to do the same thing. =]

But that's for me, and I don't expect everyone else to jump on the bandwagon. Do what you feel is right. =]

.::i absolutely adore::.
|my husband and son|

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Mommy4two
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:11 AM

I had an epidural with my son after having to be made to wait 36 hours to get one and let me tell you what I HATE needles but I looked at the dr. who gave it to me when it was all said and done and told him I was in love with him lol... As for my dd I had the epidural and the stupid bitch who put it in didn't even make it to where my legs where numb I could still kick them I even got on my hands and knees at one point in time. I then had to have them remove that and do a spinal block and I had a c-section... The way I look at it if someone wants to bash me go for it my opion will never change I will never not have a child and not get an epidural.

Aubes
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:11 AM

lol it seems like EVERY topic turns into a drama topic ..someway..somehow. sometimes its just so funny. i mean i remember seeing a drama post over sponge-bob one time. i was like only on cafemom will u see drama over a dang sponge! LMFAO

Quoting CarterMommy:

it's like that with every "drama" topic. everyone feels their way is the "RIGHT" way

i am a strong advocate for at least TRYING to go all natural but i know that most people don't feel that way

i have had my 2 boys in the hospital with no epi and no iv drugs and wouldn't do it any other way... of course i have pretty quick labors and i know it's not something that everyone would do

~Amanda~    http://www.myspace.com/aandj75 

*Mommy of Aubrey Lee*

CarterMommy
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:12 AM

hmmm we should try to find a NON DRAMA topic... bet that list would be much shorter than the drama topic list lol

Quoting Aubes:

lol it seems like EVERY topic turns into a drama topic ..someway..somewhow. sometimes its just so funny. i mean i remember seeing a drama post over sponge-bob one time. i was like only on cafemom will u see drama over a dang sponge! LMFAO

Quoting CarterMommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)