• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question for mom with twins or any mulptiplies :-)...

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:44 AM
  • 23 Replies

How close to your due date did you deliver?

I don't expect to get anyway near Nov 25th....If I make it to 30 weeks  with my babies I will be so happy....I know they will be in NICU...one will be no matter what...

but if you wouldn't mind sharing when you delivered that would be great? I am just kinda of curious....

Bryan's High School Sweetheart in love (for 15 years)  

Mommy to Asiateen girl and Roman american football

Tummy Trouble??? http://www.cafemom.com/group/85015

by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy4ever07
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:46 AM

I'm not a mom of twins but the twins that I take care of were born at 27 weeks

mommy2trips
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:47 AM

I had triplets born at 30 weeks. They were hefty 30 weekers too. They were in the NICU for 38 days..

milmiracle
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:47 AM

I delivered at 38 weeks. 

jjcrr2006
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2009 at 12:47 AM

I never went into labor and had a scheduled C section at 38 weeks...I was huge! My kiddos weighed 5 lbs 12 oz and 4 lbs 14 oz.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

ebbierowe
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:51 AM

you know i wanted to name one of the twins Willow and hubby was against it...said it would remind people of midgets....

now how often do people say that to you just so I tell him he is crazy...

I am sure 38 days seemed like a life time at the time but that really is to bad is it?

Quoting mommy2trips:

I had triplets born at 30 weeks. They were hefty 30 weekers too. They were in the NICU for 38 days..

mommyoftwins20
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:53 AM

I delivered my twins at 27 weeks only because of an infection in the amniotic fluid. if it wasn't for that i would have been induced at 37 weeks. they were 2.5 and 2.10 at birth. my son was in the nicu for 3 months and my daughter for 4 months. good luck! 

mommy2trips
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:11 AM

lol I dont even know how Willow pertains to midgets so I guess the answer would be never. lol. I actually really like my name.

Nope 38 days is absolutely wonderful and a HUGE surprise to everyone. no one expected them to go home that soon and all together especially with how sick Liam was, but they all did great.

Quoting ebbierowe:

you know i wanted to name one of the twins Willow and hubby was against it...said it would remind people of midgets....

I am sure 38 days seemed like a life time at the time but that really is to bad is it?

Quoting mommy2trips:

ebbierowe
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:12 AM

lol...there was a movie in the 80's called Willow that had a midget as the main character.....

Quoting mommy2trips:

lol I dont even know how Willow pertains to midgets so I guess the answer would be never. lol. I actually really like my name.

Nope 38 days is absolutely wonderful and a HUGE surprise to everyone. no one expected them to go home that soon and all together especially with how sick Liam was, but they all did great.

Quoting ebbierowe:

Quoting mommy2trips:

mommy2trips
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:14 AM

lol hmmmm now I need to go rent that movie...

Quoting ebbierowe:

lol...there was a movie in the 80's called Willow that had a midget as the main character.....

Quoting mommy2trips:

Quoting ebbierowe:

Quoting mommy2trips:

squidlife4me
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:15 AM

Congrats on your babies.. and I hope they are healthy and beautiful!!

I struggled from 26 weeks on to keep my twins on the inside.  I was on strict bedrest on meds all day everyday.  I went to L&D atleast 8 times to get other meds to stop contractions and labor. I was hopsitalized at 31 weeks to stop labor.. successfully.  At 35 weeks I went into full blown labor and they didnt stop it.

I was due on July 26th and had them on June 26th.  One of my boys came home when we did and the other was in the NICU for 29 days...  he got home two days before their due date.

Its a struggle but everyday is so important to them.. it sucks.. its miserable.. but its wonderful too!1

Congrats again!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)