Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you donate blood?

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:46 AM
  • 45 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you donate blood?

Options:

Yes - Once a year

Yes - More than once a year

No

I have in the past, but I no longer donate.

Medical conditions prevent me from doing so

Other [Explain]

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 56

View Results

My husband and I donate blood at least twice annually. Once at the annual memorial day celebration and blood drive our network of churches do, and once via scheduled appointment.

Do you donate blood? If so, how often? 

Pregnancy Ticker

I am a Christian, married, mommy-to be. I am a FUTURE delayed vaxing, spanking when necessary, breastfeeding, rear-facing, non-co-sleeping, disposable diapering, going to college full-time kind of mom.

by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
desertmom05
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:49 AM

I can't donate blood. I tried to once but since I was born in europe and lived there for 8 years I was always told I couldn't donate my blood because they are afraid of mad cow disease.

I think its awesome that you guys donate blood though. :)

baby development pregnancy calendar

preview image

Logan_Bellasmom
by Falling Starr on May. 24, 2009 at 12:49 AM

Nope my bipolar meds keep me from being able to.

mamapotter
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:50 AM

Medical conditions prevent me from it, but donations from others have saved my life a few times.

Dr. Phil said that the secret to inner peace was to finish everything you started.  So I looked around the house, finished the book I wanted to read, my old Prozac prescription, the rest of the cheesecake, and a bottle of Jack Daniels.  You wouldn't believe how calm I am now.
KareemsMami

No but I'd like to :] I just am not a big fan of needles. But I want to help out.

Mommy To A Wonderful Little Man

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

SunnyJoJo

No, you need to have had any tattooing done for a year and I'm a constant canvas. I think it's awsome the people who do though!

Praying For Molly. baby girl

catinseaside
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:51 AM

I always try, but I am anemic. And have been off and on for like 13 years. I always get one of those 'I tried' stickers. LOL!

Susan0805
by ~♥~Susan~♥~ on May. 24, 2009 at 12:51 AM

I donated whenever I could (I have a tendency to fail the iron test) until I got pregnant with dd and then I got pregnant with DS and they are only 21 and 3 months old and I'm breastfeeding so I need all the blood/iron/nutrients that I have left for myself....lol... on top of it I had my appendix removed not to long ago and I"m sure that I lost blood during the surgery. Anyway I feel obligated to donate because I'm 0- so once I feel that I"m up to par I"ll try to donate again :-)

patrioticProud Airforce Wife/Veteran

MOMby19
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:52 AM

i voted other... i donated once 3 years ago.... i almost passed out and wound up sitting there donating for like 30 minutes. then i almost gave SO a heart attack cuz i couldn't sit up strait on the cot. so i spent another hour eating pretzels and drinking water. and i haven't had the chance to try again. but i hope to someday. 

amb_josh
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:53 AM

When im not pregnant, i donate every 3 months!!! It was a promise i made to my sister when she was dying....she didnt actually make me promise her that....she had honestly already passed when i told her i would. But i was 11 at the time, and as soon as i turned 18....I started!!!

PatriciaofMN
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:53 AM

Yes, donate once a year and have a rare blood type and I want to be able to help someone else.   

Love Of My Life!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)