Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TIPS FOR MOVING.......

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:59 AM
  • 6 Replies

what have you learned that can get you free  recycyled boxes and maybe old newspapers....we are moving on a tight budget and would just like to hear what you all have to say we got a few places to ask for boxes but just wanted to know about the newspaper thing....thanks any help and advice to make this an easy and quick move we aren't move out of state just to a smaller place

by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
jandyrodax
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:03 AM

You can usually get boxes at Walmart. Go at night after 3rd shift has started working and go on the grocery side...the stockers can usually gather some boxes for you to take. As for the newspaper...I usually have some on hand from time to time when we buy the Sunday paper so we've used that in the past.

Don't wait until last minute to pack...which is something we are notorious for doing and regret it each time.

cjsmom0206
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:03 AM

Boxes are easy. Go to Walmart around 1 or 2am and they'll have tons that you can take off their hands. As far as newspapers are concerned, not sure. I would has my friends and family to save all theirs. you could always ask the local newpaper what the do with the copies that they don't sell.

n_o71605
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:04 AM

thanks we are moving mid july so i am already packing things we don't need anytime soon....it's just the last time we moved all we had was clothes our cars and my sons toys we started from scratch so now we have like 100x tht i am so not looking forward to it

angelofmusic
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:44 AM

also if you have freecycle in your area, that is a good place to  ask for moving material.

freecycle.org

LeXisMoMMi04
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:49 AM

I saved my junk mail- we get these newspapers in the mail 2 times a week..and used those to wrap stuff in..

Dont wait til the last minute to pack. Pack everything you can.. and as you pack put stuff you dont want or need in a seperate box so you dont take junk that you dont want to your new house.

Where do you live at?

mommy4ever07
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:52 AM

Also use your bath towels extra blankets etc

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)