• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why can't you pray quietly?

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:05 AM
  • 35 Replies

I jsut read another post and it made me think. Why do Christians make such a big deal about beig able to pray at school or where ever else they think they can't pray? If you are doing it quietly no one would even know you are doing it. Why do you have to make such a big deal about it? Do you want everyone to know you are praying or something?   I don't see why you can't pray where ever you want to

by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kylie819
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2009 at 1:06 AM

It doesn't bother me when people pray.

BTW I like your avatar :)

Susan0805
by ~♥~Susan~♥~ on May. 24, 2009 at 1:07 AM

as a christian i completely agree..

patrioticProud Airforce Wife/Veteran

Mommy2Munchkins
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:07 AM

If you really wanted to, NO ONE can stop you from bowing your head and saying a prayer in your head.

LauraKW
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:07 AM

Maybe its like people who are really loud when they have orgasms?  They can't pray quietly either...

siva01
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:08 AM
Thanks ;)
Quoting Kylie819:

It doesn't bother me when people pray.

BTW I like your avatar :)

cjsmom0206
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:09 AM

Some Christians. I myself, feel that prayer is a private thing. But it certainly depends on what it actually is. I don't have a problem with celebrating the holidays at school and singing songs, etc. I think it's a great way to have fun and teach other cultures.

junebug624
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:09 AM

When I first started studying my religion, it says that most people would never know, because we can do our rites by being silent and shutting your eyes.  The thing is I have done this hundreds of times, especially when I was on a plane from Germany, scared poopless from turbulence, and no one ever knew.

~June 

I'm a vaxing, circing, disposable diaper using, bf switched to ff, CIO sometimes, pushed 1hr before a c-section (and don't regret it), college attending, loving my soldier, loving my son, can't wait to have another baby, trust your own judgement, kind of mom.

siva01
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:10 AM

LOL 

Quoting LauraKW:

Maybe its like people who are really loud when they have orgasms?  They can't pray quietly either...

jacy3031

I agree completely!

Quoting siva01:

I jsut read another post and it made me think. Why do Christians make such a big deal about beig able to pray at school or where ever else they think they can't pray? If you are doing it quietly no one would even know you are doing it. Why do you have to make such a big deal about it? Do you want everyone to know you are praying or something? I don't see why you can't pray where ever you want to

boy_or_girl

They are only pissed because they are told that they can't do it. Those people think that the world revolves around them and get pissed when others remind them that Christians are not the only people in the world and all deserve to have rights. LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)