Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

losing loved ones

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:12 AM
  • 7 Replies

my grandpa just died two days ago from heart failure. My grandma is only days away from it. They dont expect her to make it till the end of the week. I wasnt that close with my grandpa, but im sad all the same. I just cant picture life without my granma. Ive been with her all i can, and tell her i love her, but nthing seems enough when i know soon shes going to be gone soon. I worry that im going to think of all the thngs i shouldve said to her after she's gone. I try to comfort myself knowing she's going to be with grandpa, who died 14 years ago, but i just want her to have more tme here. i know its selfish to want that. I just cant grasp this. A lot of people say its should be easier knowing shes old and lived a long life, but im just not ready for her to go. I just needed to get this out, theres noone else to talk to when i lay awake thinking about it. Thanks for reading in advance.

by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
sherry132
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2009 at 1:15 AM

I lost my grandma in Oct of 2007. It's not easier just because they are old. It's not easier just because you know its coming. I was the one that told grandma to go be with her daddy. Two minutes later my mom told me she was gone. I collapsed to the floor. Nothing makes it easier. THere are good days and bad ones. It took me more than a year to stop crying. I am sorry your grandma is passing. I will tell you that after a while you can breathe again. After a while you can remember all the good times without tears. It will take a while. But it will happen. I am really sorry.

damionsmama
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:22 AM

thank you for replying. I cant think of anything harder ive went through in my life, just watching her die. i cant bear the thought the shes in pain day in and day out, but yet i want her to stay here with me. Im sorry about your grandma. It is more comforting hearig from someone whose been through tthis before.

Quoting sherry132:

I lost my grandma in Oct of 2007. It's not easier just because they are old. It's not easier just because you know its coming. I was the one that told grandma to go be with her daddy. Two minutes later my mom told me she was gone. I collapsed to the floor. Nothing makes it easier. THere are good days and bad ones. It took me more than a year to stop crying. I am sorry your grandma is passing. I will tell you that after a while you can breathe again. After a while you can remember all the good times without tears. It will take a while. But it will happen. I am really sorry.

Amiers
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:24 AM
I know hun, I am sorry you are going through this. It is never easy to say goodbye, no matter how many times you have said it. There is always going to be the question of, did she know that you loved her, or did you thank her enough for the things she has done over the course of your life. Just take comfort in the fact that when she does pass, she will just know what you want her to know. My thoughts are with you in this hard time.
cafe4me
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:46 AM

HI, I just had to read ur post coz My boyf. died in a car accident last week.  It is the most horrible feeling I have ever had.   I can just tell u from my experience that if u need help getting thru this don't hesitate to go to a dr. for medication to help u a little.  Im feeling a little better now...and i truly miss him. I feel for u, it isn't easy.  message me if u need to talk.....xoxoxoxo Suzie

simple smile

PoisonousBlonde
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2009 at 1:54 AM

I am so sorry you are going that. You and your family will be in my toughts and prayers.

On September 7, 2004, my grandpa and his wife were killed in a car wreck. His wifes sister died 2 weeks later, she was in the car too. This lady was on all kinds of different prescription drugs, she crossed the center line and hit them head on. He was like a 2nd father to me, we were very close. I kicked and screamed when DH told me my Grandpa and his wife were killed. I am still devestated over it. My grandpa waited 27 years for another grandson. Dh and I named our son after my grandpa, when our son was 7 months old my grandpa was killed. They were killed on DH's birthday.

img381/8154/99620876gs2.gifthimage021.jpg jasper witlock hale image by mrscullen1randy.jpg Randy Orton image by Mr_Damn_Artworks

mom2jade
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:58 AM

is she dying from broken heart syndrome? yes its a real disease

sherry132
by Ruby Member on May. 25, 2009 at 1:35 AM

I felt the same way. It was the hardest thing I have had to endure other than when my daughter died. Losing my grandma was like having a part of myself ripped out. Add me to your friends list and let me know if you need to talk. I'm on everyday.

Quoting damionsmama:

thank you for replying. I cant think of anything harder ive went through in my life, just watching her die. i cant bear the thought the shes in pain day in and day out, but yet i want her to stay here with me. Im sorry about your grandma. It is more comforting hearig from someone whose been through tthis before.

Quoting sherry132:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)